Gaming Best PSP to buy?

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My recommendation wait till the E3 (the most anticipated video games conference) which is starting this Tuesday and ending Thursday.´Cause they might announce a new PSP or Hand held.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
naruses said:
My recommendation wait till the E3 (the most anticipated video games conference) which is starting this Tuesday and ending Thursday.´Cause they might announce a new PSP or Hand held.
Which in turn will make it difficult to hack.

I got lucky with mine and got a fully hackable TA-085 mobo, which does everything I could ever need (even make Pandora batteries!), so get a PSP-2001 or something.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Besides, even if they do unveil a new psp, he wants to play BBS.

If it's anything like the "pspgo" then a new psp wont do him squat to help with that
tongue.gif
itll also probably be unreasonably expensive to start off, and no guarantee when it will be out.

Best to go with a 1000 or 2000

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've heard it put that if you want to use the console as a weapon, get a 1000, and if not, get a 2000.
tongue.gif

I have a 1000, but a hackable 2000 is also good, and in terms of some hardware (such as extra RAM) it's better.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've heard there may be slightly longer loading times for the 1000, but those claims have been unsubstantiated so far, so I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Web browsing is more annoying on half the RAM though. As far as homebrew that makes use of it, the only one I've seen explicitly say so is GoTube (which loads on my PSP slim in "large memory mode").

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jolan said:
ProtoKun7 said:
I've heard it put that if you want to use the console as a weapon, get a 1000, and if not, get a 2000.
tongue.gif
hehe, that was me again
rolleyes.gif
Fair enough
tongue.gif

and when booting a game on a 2000/3000, does it still have the PSP startup screen? (the jingle and graphic) I think I heard that doesn't happen (or at least not as much) on other models.

(Also, how long have the additional post icons been there?)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you mean the one that happens when you start a game, it happens on my 2000... though if you have the game categories plugin installed and are using the method that works similarly to image folders, the game startup screen doesn't play, it just does a black screen before loading the game. This doesn't happen if you use the context menu or multiple memory stick display method for the plugin, though.

If you mean the main PSP's startup screen (black with the sony logo), you can turn that on and off in the recovery menu (at least in GEN-D3) on both slims and fats.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
And as for homebrew that can take advantage of the extra RAM....there are a few examples, but the most important are generally a couple of emulators, PSPStates and the browser.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like the 1000's, the one thing i really like about the 2000's are the speakers aren't at the bottom (they are near the buttons in the 2000's) since i lay the psp on my chest while i play when i lay down and play and it drowns the sound, and you can charge through usb in the 2000's (i lose my charger alot)

bad things:
it feels less sturdy than a 1000. it is also a huge fingerprint magnet. you dont know if you are getting a hackable 2000, unless you buy a preflashed one.

*sigh* one day i hope someone will be able to find a new exploit to allow us to hack them permanently (rather than using chickhen which only works on one firmware)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free