Hacking Best program to make a GCN multi-game iso?

videogamefanatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to figure this out for a while, and I can't remember how I did it the first time.

I'm on Windows 7.

I have 3 shrunken Iso's in gcm format that i made using gcm utility.

I downloaded the newest version of MultiGame Iso Creator, but it doesn't work. Whenever I click Add Iso, the window just flashes and doesn't do anything.

Will creating the multi-game iso using gcm utility work fine? Or should I find a computer that works with MultiGame Iso Creator?

Note: My wii is already modded, can play multi-game gamecube discs (My mario combo disc I made some time ago works fine, lol can't remember how I made it), etc. Please don't post anything about the Wii itself since i don't need it.

videogamefanatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:

That's the program I was having trouble with. It won't do anything when I click the Add Iso Button. Also, I just tried re-downloading it from your link and it STILL won't work.

Could someone just please confirm that creating a multi-game iso in GCM Utility works without issues?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry i can't help you there either, i'm also using MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F+.

But do you know that shrinking games can make them unplayable? If you shrink a game with streaming audio, it's broken and the game will crash as soon as the 1st audio stream is supposed to play. And for this it doesn't matter what method you use to play it and if that method supports audio streams or not.

Did you try to run the program with some compatiblity option?(i'm just guessing windows 7 has something in that direction)
Also, did you try to run it as admin?
And did you try it with 1:1 .isos too?

videogamefanatic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Sorry i can't help you there either, i'm also using MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F+.

But do you know that shrinking games can make them unplayable? If you shrink a game with streaming audio, it's broken and the game will crash as soon as the 1st audio stream is supposed to play. And for this it doesn't matter what method you use to play it and if that method supports audio streams or not.

Did you try to run the program with some compatiblity option?(i'm just guessing windows 7 has something in that direction)
Also, did you try to run it as admin?
And did you try it with 1:1 .isos too?

Really? I've never had even a single problem with audio after compressing an ISO. I already tried to run the program in admin. The issue isn't with the ISO itself. The issue is with the program not wanting to launch a Open File prompt. Instead the window just flashes (loses than regains focus), but nothing happens. I also tried dragging an 1:1 Iso, and then a GCM, into the multigame iso creator window, but nothing happens (figured, not a feature of the program anyways).

Actually, I think last time I made a multi-game Iso, I used a command-Line tool.

Edit: HA! I found the program I used last time: Make-Multi! Woot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.