Best places for holiday?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Haha, I am planning for a pretty decent trip this December. I'm not sure where to go. I simply love travelling, and each trip leaves a long lasting impression.

Care to share some of your experiences? Maybe I can consider going on that trip as well.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How about Paris? It's a pretty good place for a vacation.
smileipb2.png

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
FiReFoX_7 said:
chris888222 said:
Paris and Bulgaria...

I just went to Paris about a year ago...

Bulgaria... Let me consider
tongue.gif
Aww.. Too bad. How about at UK?
unsure.gif
Had some horrible experience there, don't really wish to talk about it.

I don't mind countries I've been before. Haha, I've been to Australia a couple of times and I really like it.

Maybe I'll consider Paris as well, but I hope my mom doesn't bust all her money on clothes. Gwrr... Euro.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
chris888222 said:
FiReFoX_7 said:
chris888222 said:
Paris and Bulgaria...

tongue.gif
unsure.gif

I don't mind countries I've been before. Haha, I've been to Australia a couple of times and I really like it.
How is it at Australia? I haven't been there yet.

How about here in the Philippines?
smileipb2.png

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
FiReFoX_7 said:
chris888222 said:
FiReFoX_7 said:
chris888222 said:
Paris and Bulgaria...

tongue.gif
unsure.gif

smileipb2.png
Australia, well... I made a free and easy tour. Walked around Sydney, crossed the harbour bridge... very nice views, haha. At Brisbane there's also the Koala Sanctuary.

It's a great place for a holiday imo.

Philippines? Now you've got me thinking. I have yet been there.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
chris888222 said:
FiReFoX_7 said:
chris888222 said:
FiReFoX_7 said:
chris888222 said:
Paris and Bulgaria...

tongue.gif
unsure.gif

smileipb2.png
Australia, well... I made a free and easy tour. Walked around Sydney, crossed the harbour bridge... very nice views, haha. At Brisbane there's also the Koala Sanctuary.

It's a great place for a holiday imo.

Philippines? Now you've got me thinking. I have yet been there.
I'm gonna go at the Australia or UK if I have enough money for it.
biggrin.gif
Too bad I don't...
frown.gif

Philippines' a great place for a summer vacation, also for holidays. (Especially in Boracay.) You can visit Baguio if you want a chilly holiday.
tongue.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Only actually ever left the UK once. A holiday to Malta about 7 years ago. Which my mother ruined most of by whining about how much she missed the husband that divorced her on their anniversary. I ended up dumping her in the bar and going off on my own most of the time. Found a few hidden treasures on my travels, actually. If you ever find yourself in Malta, follow this advice:

- DO NOT eat at the big fancy places, they SUCK. We went to dinner to the big fancy place one night and instead of grating parmisan cheese on our pasta they grated raw carrot over it...my pizza was incinerated and tasted awful, just a piss poor experience overall. On the other hand, the food at the little family-run place down the road was a quarter of the price, perfectly cooked, no wierd ingredients and happens to be the best food I've ever tasted. That pasta in blue cheese sauce...the pizza the size of a monster truck tyre...the ice cream that took me over an hour to finish (it was so big I had to have an extended spoon)...seriously, I'd have stayed there if I could. The bowl of pasta was big enough to drown a small dog in, and it cost me about £1.20.

- If you're in the Golden Bay area, go down to the pier and look for a boat called the English Rose. It'll take you on a tour of all the best spots on the islands at a fraction of the price of a big company tour. Conversely, stay away from the big tours. The tour guides are fucking stupid. Ours was so dense that when we were passing fascinating ancient ruins we all wanted to know more about, she was talking about how the bar down the road was called Rita's Bar because the woman who owns it is called Rita. I got so sick of her bullshit I took the Group H sticker we had to wear as part of the group and stuck it to my face a la Rimmer.

- If you're going from the Golden Bay to the ferry dock that takes you to the smaller island of Gozo, when you get to the last bus stop before the ferry, look to the left. You'll see a little dirt path which seems to lead nowhere. Follow it. You'll find the best beach on the island, a secluded little slice of heaven which has a little bar, clear waters, clean sand that's not clogged up with ignorant tourists, and the best girls on the island flock there because there's nobody gawping at them. Absolute paradise.

- If you are going to Gozo to see the castle and maybe buy some of their famous glass work, DO NOT GO ON A SUNDAY. The busses on Gozo don't operate on Sundays at all. As we found out when we had to spend hours walking to the castle in the baking heat. Make sure you check out the glass though. We picked up a blue bottle that looks a bit like the FFXII Potion Bottle which cost us about three pounds because the artist could see the tiniest flaw in it. To this day I still don't know exactly what that flaw is. It looks perfect to me.

I need another holiday. Not going anywhere for over seven years has driven me mental. Gonna start saving up and replace my passport. Go somewhere. Anywhere will do.

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
why not have a look at kerala , India ( its known as gods own country )
and great place for tourists

have a look at it and decide

infact i am living there
tongue.gif

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Akihabara aside, (amongst other places) I've really enjoyed my trips to Germany. Been to most parts of the country and enjoyed pretty much all of it, although Berlin was kind of meh.

What I really regret is going over from Germany to France though. First did it once and was left with the impression of France as the worst place in the world to be, then did it again to see if it could actually really be that bad. It was.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
wasim said:
why not have a look at kerala , India ( its known as gods own country )
and great place for tourists

have a look at it and decide

infact i am living there
tongue.gif

Haha sure!

Just need to see if there are direct flights.

Flat Pudding said:
Because I'm from Indonesia, check out Bali
rolleyes.gif

Hey, I can easily go there by ferry!

But there have been food scares.
frown.gif

Tanveer said:
Swizz.
Go up in the Alpes
smile.gif
I loved it and always love the view and time I spend in those type of areas.
MAN THE SNOW~!

Terminator02 said:
I heard Singapore is a great tourist location
Ahem... ya. But you'll get bored of em' after a while. And touristy areas are awfully expensive for us locals.

Schizoanalysis said:
Thailand is pretty.

Japan is cool (especially Akihabara).
Been to Thailand about a year and a half ago.
tongue.gif

Japan? Haha, perhaps I'll consider. I wanted to go there at June but that was when there were massive radiation woes.

QUOTE(Sebastian @ Jul 13 2011, 10:48 AM)
Venice
A great place for tourists...
Intending to go there when I get married.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Blaze163 @ Jul 10 2011, 08:31 PM)
Only actually ever left the UK once. A holiday to Malta about 7 years ago. Which my mother ruined most of by whining about how much she missed the husband that divorced her on their anniversary. I ended up dumping her in the bar and going off on my own most of the time. Found a few hidden treasures on my travels, actually. If you ever find yourself in Malta, follow this advice:

- DO NOT eat at the big fancy places, they SUCK. We went to dinner to the big fancy place one night and instead of grating parmisan cheese on our pasta they grated raw carrot over it...my pizza was incinerated and tasted awful, just a piss poor experience overall. On the other hand, the food at the little family-run place down the road was a quarter of the price, perfectly cooked, no wierd ingredients and happens to be the best food I've ever tasted. That pasta in blue cheese sauce...the pizza the size of a monster truck tyre...the ice cream that took me over an hour to finish (it was so big I had to have an extended spoon)...seriously, I'd have stayed there if I could. The bowl of pasta was big enough to drown a small dog in, and it cost me about £1.20.

- If you're in the Golden Bay area, go down to the pier and look for a boat called the English Rose. It'll take you on a tour of all the best spots on the islands at a fraction of the price of a big company tour. Conversely, stay away from the big tours. The tour guides are fucking stupid. Ours was so dense that when we were passing fascinating ancient ruins we all wanted to know more about, she was talking about how the bar down the road was called Rita's Bar because the woman who owns it is called Rita. I got so sick of her bullshit I took the Group H sticker we had to wear as part of the group and stuck it to my face a la Rimmer.

- If you're going from the Golden Bay to the ferry dock that takes you to the smaller island of Gozo, when you get to the last bus stop before the ferry, look to the left. You'll see a little dirt path which seems to lead nowhere. Follow it. You'll find the best beach on the island, a secluded little slice of heaven which has a little bar, clear waters, clean sand that's not clogged up with ignorant tourists, and the best girls on the island flock there because there's nobody gawping at them. Absolute paradise.

- If you are going to Gozo to see the castle and maybe buy some of their famous glass work, DO NOT GO ON A SUNDAY. The busses on Gozo don't operate on Sundays at all. As we found out when we had to spend hours walking to the castle in the baking heat. Make sure you check out the glass though. We picked up a blue bottle that looks a bit like the FFXII Potion Bottle which cost us about three pounds because the artist could see the tiniest flaw in it. To this day I still don't know exactly what that flaw is. It looks perfect to me.

I need another holiday. Not going anywhere for over seven years has driven me mental. Gonna start saving up and replace my passport. Go somewhere. Anywhere will do.
You seriously deserve a holiday.

Well, last time when I went to UK. Everything was really expensive (that time the Pound Sterling and Singapore Dollar conversion rate was atrocious). I ran out of cash in about 5 days (it was a week long trip). Some people even eyed on us, and it was such an awkward feeling.

Hmm... I think I'll consider the UK. Since rates are better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: