Best places for holiday?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by chris888222, Jul 10, 2011.

Jul 10, 2011

Best places for holiday? by chris888222 at 12:29 PM (1,002 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. chris888222
    OP

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Haha, I am planning for a pretty decent trip this December. I'm not sure where to go. I simply love travelling, and each trip leaves a long lasting impression.

Care to share some of your experiences? Maybe I can consider going on that trip as well.

2. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Bulgaria.
    Good place.

3. Shockwind

Member Shockwind GBATemp's Official The Last of Us Fan

Philippines
    How about Paris? It's a pretty good place for a vacation. [​IMG]

4. chris888222
    OP

Singapore
    Paris and Bulgaria...

I just went to Paris about a year ago...

Bulgaria... Let me consider [​IMG]

5. Shockwind

Philippines
    Aww.. Too bad. How about at UK? [​IMG]

6. chris888222
    OP

Singapore
    Had some horrible experience there, don't really wish to talk about it.

I don't mind countries I've been before. Haha, I've been to Australia a couple of times and I really like it.

Maybe I'll consider Paris as well, but I hope my mom doesn't bust all her money on clothes. Gwrr... Euro.

7. Shockwind

Philippines
    How is it at Australia? I haven't been there yet.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

8. chris888222
    OP

Singapore
    Australia, well... I made a free and easy tour. Walked around Sydney, crossed the harbour bridge... very nice views, haha. At Brisbane there's also the Koala Sanctuary.

It's a great place for a holiday imo.

Philippines? Now you've got me thinking. I have yet been there.

9. Shockwind

Philippines
    I'm gonna go at the Australia or UK if I have enough money for it. [​IMG] Too bad I don't... [​IMG]

Philippines' a great place for a summer vacation, also for holidays. (Especially in Boracay.) You can visit Baguio if you want a chilly holiday. [​IMG]

10. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Only actually ever left the UK once. A holiday to Malta about 7 years ago. Which my mother ruined most of by whining about how much she missed the husband that divorced her on their anniversary. I ended up dumping her in the bar and going off on my own most of the time. Found a few hidden treasures on my travels, actually. If you ever find yourself in Malta, follow this advice:

- DO NOT eat at the big fancy places, they SUCK. We went to dinner to the big fancy place one night and instead of grating parmisan cheese on our pasta they grated raw carrot over it...my pizza was incinerated and tasted awful, just a piss poor experience overall. On the other hand, the food at the little family-run place down the road was a quarter of the price, perfectly cooked, no wierd ingredients and happens to be the best food I've ever tasted. That pasta in blue cheese sauce...the pizza the size of a monster truck tyre...the ice cream that took me over an hour to finish (it was so big I had to have an extended spoon)...seriously, I'd have stayed there if I could. The bowl of pasta was big enough to drown a small dog in, and it cost me about £1.20.

- If you're in the Golden Bay area, go down to the pier and look for a boat called the English Rose. It'll take you on a tour of all the best spots on the islands at a fraction of the price of a big company tour. Conversely, stay away from the big tours. The tour guides are fucking stupid. Ours was so dense that when we were passing fascinating ancient ruins we all wanted to know more about, she was talking about how the bar down the road was called Rita's Bar because the woman who owns it is called Rita. I got so sick of her bullshit I took the Group H sticker we had to wear as part of the group and stuck it to my face a la Rimmer.

- If you're going from the Golden Bay to the ferry dock that takes you to the smaller island of Gozo, when you get to the last bus stop before the ferry, look to the left. You'll see a little dirt path which seems to lead nowhere. Follow it. You'll find the best beach on the island, a secluded little slice of heaven which has a little bar, clear waters, clean sand that's not clogged up with ignorant tourists, and the best girls on the island flock there because there's nobody gawping at them. Absolute paradise.

- If you are going to Gozo to see the castle and maybe buy some of their famous glass work, DO NOT GO ON A SUNDAY. The busses on Gozo don't operate on Sundays at all. As we found out when we had to spend hours walking to the castle in the baking heat. Make sure you check out the glass though. We picked up a blue bottle that looks a bit like the FFXII Potion Bottle which cost us about three pounds because the artist could see the tiniest flaw in it. To this day I still don't know exactly what that flaw is. It looks perfect to me.

I need another holiday. Not going anywhere for over seven years has driven me mental. Gonna start saving up and replace my passport. Go somewhere. Anywhere will do.

11. Maid-chan

Member Maid-chan GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    Because I'm from Indonesia, check out Bali [​IMG]

12. wasim

Member wasim ♫ Music addict ♫

India
    why not have a look at kerala , India ( its known as gods own country )
    and great place for tourists

have a look at it and decide

infact i am living there [​IMG]

13. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Swizz.
    Go up in the Alpes [​IMG].
    I loved it and always love the view and time I spend in those type of areas.

14. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    I heard Singapore is a great tourist location

15. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    Thailand is pretty.

Japan is cool (especially Akihabara).

16. Mazor

Member Mazor Z80 master arch

Sweden
    Akihabara aside, (amongst other places) I've really enjoyed my trips to Germany. Been to most parts of the country and enjoyed pretty much all of it, although Berlin was kind of meh.

What I really regret is going over from Germany to France though. First did it once and was left with the impression of France as the worst place in the world to be, then did it again to see if it could actually really be that bad. It was.

17. Sebastian

Member Sebastian GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Venice
    A great place for tourists...

18. CarbonX13

Member CarbonX13 GBAtemp 台灣人

Taiwan
    I loved Tokyo, Japan.

19. Maid-chan

Member Maid-chan GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    Maid-sama? [​IMG]

20. chris888222
    OP

Singapore
    You seriously deserve a holiday.

Well, last time when I went to UK. Everything was really expensive (that time the Pound Sterling and Singapore Dollar conversion rate was atrocious). I ran out of cash in about 5 days (it was a week long trip). Some people even eyed on us, and it was such an awkward feeling.

Hmm... I think I'll consider the UK. Since rates are better.