Best place to order a Gateway in Asia?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Berabouman, May 16, 2014.

1. Berabouman
    OP

Berabouman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    I live in Singapore and I ordered a Gateway from the official reseller here but have not received anything. :( I am going to the police, but in the meantime I still do not have a Gateway.

Where do you think I should get one from? Hong Kong seems the logical choice as it's close to my location and there are a lot of online retailers there, but which one is reliable? I don't want to get burned again so it's important to get a reliable reseller.

Can anyone recommend me a good one?

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    Do the police help with matters of flashcards that are primarily used for piracy :P

Schizoanalysis likes this.
  3. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2009
    Ordered and got my SuperCard DSTWO before at realhotstuff.hk
    They have Gateway 3DS there. Not sure if they have competitive pricing.

4. Dewdrops

Dewdrops GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2014
    Malaysia
    File a chargeback on credit card.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Contact your bank/credit card provider for a chargeback. Contact the seller first, though, as they may give you a refund or send it again. It's possible it got lost in the mail.
    I don't think the cops can/will do anything.

As for ordering another one I've used www.eachmall.me as they have the lowest price, and received my cart just fine. It's legit and works great.

6. Berabouman
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Well I read up on eachmall but they have pretty terrible reviews wherever I go. Makes me a bit cautious.

I ordered my Cobra USB (for PS3) from a HK site called ColorfulZone, but they took AGES to deliver it (like 3 months!) so I am still shopping around for better options.

The police don't need to know that it's software piracy. :) But yeah I decided against it after all because it's too much work.

7. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    Not much details here. Did you contact Gateway directly or Eachmall before posting here? How long ago was the order?

If you know how to Google, you would know that there's an unofficial reseller in Singapore who has good reviews.

8. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    Police would not do anything anyway.

9. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    since you live in singapore I recommend you to travel to jakarta and go to nearby video game stores.

10. XuSGene

XuSGene Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2014
    Senegal

I don't think the botched order came from eachmall. The only official reseller for Gateway here in Singapore is Cloudy Mall and they sell it at S$104.90, which is around USD$84. Pretty pricey if you ask me.

As for the unofficial reseller, the prices from him are priced similarly at S$105. Without a price difference between the two, I could easily see why he went with the official reseller.

11. Berabouman
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Well Cloudy Mall finally responded and they say they are out of stock at the moment. Yes like the other poster wrote, I did indeed choose the official reseller since they are only 1 dollar more expensive.

Jakarta is an option, but I would have to fly there, which is an expense in and of itself. :)

12. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    if you have indonesian friend, and a gamer, you maybe able to ask their help ;)

13. chin261

chin261 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2005
    Senegal

The unofficial reseller is me. U can choose the official reseller but the description is out of date & their warranty is like 7 days compare to 1 month of mine. :)

U can import yourself but shipping will be 2 to 3 weeks & warranty is based on overseas. (Need to pay shipping fees to ship back). But u get @ cheaper price :)

U should request for a refund if u don't want to wait for the restock. :)

14. Berabouman
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Well, since you are the unofficial reseller, maybe you can make me a better offer? :) I tried to PM you but I can't figure how to do it with this forum. Do you have a email address/phone number I can call?

15. Dewdrops

Dewdrops GBAtemp Regular

Apr 20, 2014
    Malaysia
    Heard from sg friends that chin is legit, you should be ok buying from him.

16. chin261

chin261 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2005
    Senegal
    91990581. Or email @ chin261@hotmail.com. Price is quite fixed as high cost for me. But I do offer on site collection demo, testing service n after sale support.

17. chin261

chin261 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2005
    Senegal
    Thanks for the feedback! :)

18. XuSGene

XuSGene Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2014
    Senegal
    I purchased my R4i Gold from him as well. So I can say that he is legit.
    Prices might not be the best but he allows for same day collection and testing on site. So no need for waiting and dead on arrival risk.
    I guess if price is not an issue, then one could consider purchasing from him.

19. chin261

chin261 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2005
    Senegal
    Tha
    Thanks for the feedback! Unless item is out of stock, will be delayed for collection. I also nvm take payment in advance if there is no stock for sale. :)

20. XuSGene

XuSGene Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2014
    Senegal
    No problem. Just giving my honest feedback.

Here's to hoping that you will be able to offer more competitive prices in future for the local 3DS community.