Hacking Best Place to Buy?

Gamble22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking around this website and starting taking a look at the R4 DS, to play my back-ups.
I understand how to work it and what it does, but I have a few questions to add.

I was reading about fake R4 DS' and how a future update that will brick your DS if it is indeed fake.

Where is the best place to buy an R4 DS knowing it will not be fake?
I saw a few lists of retailers, but they looked a tad dated, im looking for a website that ships to United States.
While having fast shipping and quality service. Some links would be greatly appreciated.

And does using the R4 DS void your warranty?
I was looking around and saw some people saying that it did not, and some saying that it did. The warranty does not matter to me, I just want some clarification.

Also, from what I was reading from some of the dated posts, R4 DS was the best thing for back-ups, but not homebrews.
Is there a newer better product that is better than the R4 DS? Or is R4 DS the best thing for playing back-ups.
Any recommendations to a better product will also be appreciated.

I'm just looking for the best product for the best value.

Thanks.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmmm I got here first.

1. the R4DS is older tech, well liked admittedly, but you can do better. Check out the CyclosDS
And you got that from a long time happy user of an R4DS by the way.

2. Nintendo recently decided to bring down a can of whoop ass on the R4 (as well as others).
Thus your source might be a bit elusive the closer you get to Japan.

3. the R4DS cart (like the others) is just a cartridge. It leaves zero footprint on your DS.
It's no different than asking if changing the batteries in your TV remote voids your TV warranty.

Gamble22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch man, while I was waiting for a reply, I noticed the CycloDS, it wasnt on the review charts.
I took a few to look into that.

Now, I am pretty set on the CycloDS, but im looking for a fast shipping reliable place to buy from.
I saw dealwoot.com but somebody said it took 3 weeks, im looking for something a bit quicker.

Also, would you recommend getting a separate card reader? People are saying that the CycloDS isnt the best.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you got an miniSD or SD adapter with your microSD card (or both) then I'd use those, along with one of those 15-in-1 card readers or somewhat you can buy locally.
RealHotStuff should have them, they shipped 3 days to me when I requested an EZFlash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack.

Gamble22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, ill take a look at them as well as research others.
I'm off to sleep.

Thanks for the posts and keep them coming.

Bishang

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got my CycloDS from Dealwoot and it only took 5 days to get to my house. That may have been since I ordered it on a Friday night though.

ModchipCentral

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can try us at www.ModchipCentral.com

Ship on a daily basis so you know you will receive your order in time
smile.gif

Gamble22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will take a look around on the different places to buy.

I know im buying the micro SDHC card from newegg, the A-DATA 4gig class 6 one.

GamerGirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just checked out www.Dangbox.com, they are offering a free 1 GB SanDisk Micro SD with the R4, plus you receive a $5.00 discount coupon when you sign up. So you pretty much save $5.00 + the SD card for $34.99 (us), pretty good deal
smile.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
GamerGirl said:
I just checked out www.Dangbox.com, they are offering a free 1 GB SanDisk Micro SD with the R4, plus you receive a $5.00 discount coupon when you sign up. So you pretty much save $5.00 + the SD card for $34.99 (us), pretty good deal
smile.gif

A DSTT with 2 gigs at DealExtreme is still 5 bucks cheaper than that...

Don't get a R4. Waste of money, and getting one at this point will point out that you're outdated.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gamble22 said:
Thanks a bunch man, while I was waiting for a reply, I noticed the CycloDS, it wasnt on the review charts.
I took a few to look into that.

Now, I am pretty set on the CycloDS, but im looking for a fast shipping reliable place to buy from.
I saw dealwoot.com but somebody said it took 3 weeks, im looking for something a bit quicker.

Also, would you recommend getting a separate card reader? People are saying that the CycloDS isnt the best.
Dealwoot doesn't take 3 weeks.
tongue.gif

Free Shipping is 3-5 days.

And if you choose priority shipping, you could be anywhere in the US and most likely get it in 2 days.

LuOmeoga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're getting a Cyclo get it at Dealwoot if you want to be cheaper and/or live on the west coast of the US. Or get it at Real Hot Stuff if you're on the east coast.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LuOmeoga said:
If you're getting a Cyclo get it at Dealwoot if you want to be cheaper and/or live on the west coast of the US. Or get it at Real Hot Stuff if you're on the east coast.
Actually, if you pick priority shipping at Dealwoot. It'll get there faster than if you pick the cheapest RHS shipping option.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1