Best place to buy Wiikey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by xxwonderboyxx, May 18, 2008.

1. xxwonderboyxx
    OP

xxwonderboyxx Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2008
    United States
    Do u guys know where is best place to buy wiikey? (that are cheapt and not fake ones)
    Also, What isWiikey???
    I know it's a modchip for Wii and u have to put it inside of a wii but how should I put the wiikey inside my wii (it's gonna be difficult)
    Do I have to put game inside the cd??? and put it in wii and it works?
    how do I install wiikey???
    thx in advance

2. Endogene

Endogene GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2008
    France
    brittany
    go to wiikey.cn and look at the reseller list, but if you're not sure about what you are doing just go to a local shop that does modding, it might be a bit more expensive but you wont be able to fuck it up

edit: i'll try to explain it briefly

-you buy a modchip according to what type of chipset your wii haves (the way wii's are build has changed in time, so differnt modchips work with different wii types)

-now that you have the correct modchip you solder it onto your wii, if you've never done this before don't even try, go to a electronic shop or something to let them do it

- once the modchip installed to play the games you burn disc files (.iso .cue) onto a dvd, and that's about it

3. Prime

Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 7, 2007
    Under your bed
    You don't seem like you are ready for this sort of stuff, get a pro to install the wiikey. You would end up burning a hole into the main board [​IMG] i bet you don't even know how to solder if you don't know how to put a wiikey on your wii.

When you do get your wiikey installed in your wii you just pop a burned game in and it should work.

4. xxwonderboyxx
    OP

xxwonderboyxx Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2008
    United States
    But how do I know mine is old version or new (u said wii changed)
    and even if i got my wiikey how should I put it in my wii

5. TheNeck

TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2007
    United States
    Southern California
    Got to this site to check what version chip you have in your wii.

Also check out this FAQ.

Mod Chip Central is a good place to get a wiikey.

6. Satenru

Satenru Newbie

Newcomer
    May 27, 2008
    United States
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice