Best place to buy old consoles and games?

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be getting a job (hopefully) and plan on getting some old consoles and games, preferably the N64 (Had one but broke) and SNES (Always wanted one as a kid ever since I play Animanicas on it at a cousins house)

I have a local store called The Exchange that do sell that kind of stuff, but was wondering if anyone knew of a better place.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I only ever notice local stores and pawn shops with stuff like that.
Though your best bet would be online, at a site like ebay.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Online is your best bet

I do have a brick and mortar store in my area that sells old games and consoles and surprisingly many imports of older FC, SFC, and Mega Drive games.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen to them. The Exchange, People Play Games, etc. Around here in Chicago can NEVAR beat your classic Flea Market. I ALWAYS find great 20+ dollar games for 1-5 bucks. And prices are usually negotiable. You need patience though. I wish you luck on your hunt!

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always check flea markets and pawn shops, thrift stores--they're usually gold mines. Know your prices, because many places that try and sell games will mark them up intentionally. Places that have games for sale but don't know, won't have a clue. Thriftstores are usually the worst, have only sports titles, but there's some gems from time to time. My brother bought FFIII for the SNES at a local one, $5 :)

Online is a gamble, and suffers from price inflation as well, though not as bad as some places. Just be careful.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
The Exchange is awesome. I just went to my local one today and got a new N64 controller along with LTTP and SMW.

However, their prices tend to be equivalent to online prices. I'd suggest checking out flea markets. I got Donkey Kong 64, Diddy Kong Racing, and Banjo-Kazooie for $5 each from a local flea market last year, along with a bunch of other retro consoles (Atari 2600, NES, etc.) for roughly $20 each.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple