Best Place to buy mod for new 3ds.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by igotfits1, Nov 28, 2016.

1. igotfits1
    OP

igotfits1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    Im looking to mod my new 3ds running the latest firmware, where can i purchase the hardware to get it going. I can solder pretty good so i should be ok.

2. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/
    You can use this to find the steps to hardmod. I think I read somewhere that your solder should have lead in it because it is easier to work with. You should be very experienced before you try to hardmod a 3ds though.
    https://3ds.guide/
    Follow this guide and you'll find a NFIRM downgrade via hardmod section.

If you have another 3ds running CFW, you can do a DSIWare downgrade, also covered in the guide above. If you wait a while longer, Slowhax will come out and you won't need to hardmod and you won't need a second 3ds.

3. igotfits1
    OP

igotfits1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    United States
    i currently own a gateway card, will i be able to do it with this card? slowhax is that a card?

4. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    I don't think slowhax needs a card. It's just named that way because it takes a long time to execute. I think it's about 2 hours!

5. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    If you're on 10.7 or below, install Luma CFW, and don't buy it anywhere. plailect.github.io/Guide/
    Otherwise, there's a store in Vegas which has very cheap equipment you can use to make the hardmod. $4 for the iron, $1 for the solder. You'll have to order the connectors, but the guide linked above has a link.

6. sentaihenpai

sentaihenpai Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Search up tutorials for your new 3ds to learn more about what you're gonna deal with.