Best place to buy Gateway 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gh0sti, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Gh0sti
    OP

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    im looking for the best place to buy one in USA

also which micro sd card should i get a 32GB or 64GB?

2. Finishoff

Finishoff GBAtemp Fan

Apr 26, 2009
    United States
    I've ordered from realhotstuff a few times and they are reliable and actually located in the US.

Price match a Amazon microsd card at Best Buy and pick up a 64 GB for $38.

captain_corona likes this.
  3. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
  4. blubbermetal

blubbermetal Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2014
    United States
  5. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    +1 realhotstuff. I got mine in 3 days.

captain_corona likes this.
  6. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    32gb is more than enough.

7. fatsquirrel

Nov 11, 2013
    If you will only play A rated games, then even 16gb is acceptable. 64 is overkill imo .

8. skarthebloodchild

skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Jan 13, 2004
    Greece
    Greece
    16 gb is just fine and cheap.

newersumm likes this.
  9. lambstone

lambstone No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.

Banned
    Aug 14, 2011
    Yeah it depends on your requirements. I for one switch games frequently.

10. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    http://www.gateway-3ds.com/resellers/

Resellers in that list are confirmed to not deal with any Gateway clones (that is to say, cards advertised as Gateway but are other flashcarts with a Gateway sticker on them). In other words, the listed resellers are guaranteed to send you a 100% legitimate Gateway cart.

If you deal with any resellers not on that list, you can't have 100% peace of mind that the Gateway cart they send will be a genuine Gateway flashcart. I'm on the east coast of the US, so I went with RealHotStuff because they ship outta New Jersey. They initially sent me a Gateway cart that had some micro SD contact issues and they promptly replaced it. I had to pay return shipping though, which sucked. But in the end, I was happy with the whole transaction. Fast shipping too, I got mine in 3-4 days max.

11. depat

depat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2014
    props for realhotstuff, 2 days bro

12. luney

luney GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2006
    United States
    +1 Real Hot Stuff.......2 days delivered.
    I'm in Vegas. I have ordered items from Real Hot Stuf in the past so I decided to order my Gateway from them as well. Definitely NOT a bad choice. Shipped quickly and arrived perfect. Definitely an original card (NOT FAKE). These guys (Real Hot Stuff) were awesome in the past and well deserving of my trust and business this time as well. HIGHLY Recommend Real Hot Stuff!

My 4.3 3DS XL will be here friday. Can't wait.

13. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Hi, I'm from the UK but I have been told RealHotStuff.com is your best bet m8 and you Micro-SD cards don't buy them from the same place you will be ripped off, go on amazon.com or look online for your local memory stockist, there always cheaper and a better bet at least you know you will get the genuine stuff! ;) Also its up to you but I would go with 64GB card because there are some big 3DS tiles coming out, mention no names but I think you know which ones I am on about, that will probably come with hefty files attached so big would be better m8 for the future, that is if you want to fit all your favourites on one card, no chopping and changing. I expect Super Smash Bros release this summer to be a between 4 - 6GB in size, so be prepared for it! I know you will want to be.

14. Mr_Pichu

Mr_Pichu かわいいね!

Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    It gets to be a pain selecting a game when you have a hundred of them on a card. If you are on a budget even 32GB is good size, you can store 30 or so average sized games.

Sure beats carrying around all those cartridges.

15. fatsquirrel

Nov 11, 2013
    As I have only bought from NDS-CARD I can only recommend that.
    They are friendly, anwser questions via email quickly and they deliver in decent timeframe even though its sent from China.

Thumbs up for them :)

16. Nismax

Nismax GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I bought from RHS. I then returned it while I could after the bricking BS. Waited an enormous amount of time for 2.0(1) to come out.

I will continue to wait for a cheaper or free solution. It's real hard for me to hand over $70 to a company who has ruined people's $200 property.

17. captain_corona

captain_corona Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    New York
    realhotstuff.com especially if you live in north east usa because they ship from New Jersey.