Best place to buy a premodded Wii in Australia?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Arcanen, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Arcanen
    OP

Arcanen Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2007
    I am looking to buy a Wii, and of course, I want it to be modded. I have realised that the best course of action is probably to buy a wii that is premodded, as I would not wish to install it myself, and I know of no local installers.

Therefore, I have a few simple questions.

What is the best store to buy a premodded Wii from? I'm thinking in terms of price, reliability and warranty.

Also, what is the advantage of a d2ckey premodded Wii over a WiiKey premodded Wii? The former seems to be somewhat more expensive than the latter, but I cannot find any discrepancies between the two chips aside from the fact that the d2ckey works on a specific kind of console.

2. Arcanen
    OP

Arcanen Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2007
    Anyone at all?

3. bluebright

bluebright GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 24, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    what state?

4. domislong

domislong Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2007
    Definitely www.ozmodchips.com

I didn't buy a premodded one, but I did have my chip installed by them.

Service and price were very good.

5. Arcanen
    OP

Arcanen Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2007
    I was considering www.ozmodchips.com as they are listed as an official seller of the Wiikey. Unfortunately, the site now states that the price will be going up $60 as they begin installing d2ckeys instead.

I live in NSW by the way, but I haven't found any installers close to where I live (around Newcastle), which is why I am considering a premodded console.

One thing that I have now realised is that I would actually much prefer an ntsc premodded console, as I am sure that many great games will not be released in Australia for whatever stupid reason.

I would much rather have 100% compatibility with imports of games that will never be released in pal territories and partial compatability with games I buy in Australia than risk never being able to play certain games.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice