Hardware Best place to buy a gameboy micro

Y-2-K

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where is the best place to buy a gameboy micro at? I want either the black one or the Famicom. I want it new and not over priced.

What would be the best flash card to use for it. Not playing pokemon games just normal games like FFTA and Golden Sun 1 + 2.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can probably find a new one at Amazon, I'm assuming. Although I think Micros are harder to come by than GBA SD or the original version. I'd stick the SD, that's what I use.

Off topic, but is it called an SD? My brain's been farting while writing this so I could be screwing up.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you just want the Micro for its screen, I'd go with the second (backlit) GBASP model, instead. Same screen as the Micro, only bigger.

From a quick eBay search, it would seem the Famicom/20th Anniversary style is quite pricey, used or new... but especially new, heh. So glad I picked one of these up back when they were in stores; found mine at a Zellers for $50, lol. I love the 20th Anniversary GBMicro, personally... it has a great look to it.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently sold a new GBA Micro Famicom ed. on Ebay for US$100 (I bought a couple when they were cheap on PlayAsia). So if you are not willing to pay close to that, you might be priced out of the market... No one is going to give one away to you for less than the going rate...

Nollie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Few months ago I was lucky enough to find a pretty much as-new Pink GBMicro for £12 incl. P&P which I still play on. I Googled 'Gameboy Micro for sale forum' and found the bargain on a UK based electronics site. However my faceplate is a little scratched now and I cannot find ANYWHERE which has a replacement.

At the time I purchased a Supercard Micro-SD from DX but unfortunately it broke after less than a day, it wasn't being recognised by anything.

As a replacement I bought the EZ-Flash IV which takes Mini-SD's. I used a Micro -> Mini SD adapter and it is fantastic. Hard to fault. It is easy to use and skinnable.

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
EDIT: Hey check it out, some Vancouverite is selling theirs off for $30, no charger though... http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/vgm/1389631517.html

You can buy a charger for $4 from DealExtreme. That's what I did when I bought my first GBM for $20 when the seller didn't have a charger. The next one I got from GameStop for $30. You can still buy new face plates from Nintendo's website.

ietcetera

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bro. i just created an account to answer this haha.

i live in California, USA.

I got me a famicom gameboy micro at gamestop yesterday for 69.99 brand new.

they had a used one for 29.99 black.

i called hella gamestops and they all didnt have any. and they changed the SKU? for it because they dont carry it..so its harder for them to do a "Search" and tell u of nearby gamestops that might have em.

they log them into their registry as just gameboy advances...or something.

but yeha. i found mine just yesterday. have u had any luck? trust me. the famicom version is worth waiting for.

the mother 3 version looks cool too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."