Best place to buy a gameboy micro

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Y-2-K, Sep 23, 2009.

Sep 23, 2009
  1. Y-2-K
    OP

Newcomer Y-2-K Member

United States
    Where is the best place to buy a gameboy micro at? I want either the black one or the Famicom. I want it new and not over priced.

What would be the best flash card to use for it. Not playing pokemon games just normal games like FFTA and Golden Sun 1 + 2.

2. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Regarding the flashcard, since you couldn't be bothered to read any of the several (dozen) threads below this one, the best one is the EZ Flash IV Deluxe.

3. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    I agree excellent gba card. I have one and it works perfectly in micro.

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    You can probably find a new one at Amazon, I'm assuming. Although I think Micros are harder to come by than GBA SD or the original version. I'd stick the SD, that's what I use.

Off topic, but is it called an SD? My brain's been farting while writing this so I could be screwing up.

5. matt4tehlulz1337

Newcomer matt4tehlulz1337 Member

United States
    well, i got my ez flash 4 on dealextream and it was not too expensive, regarding where to find the micro look on ebay,

6. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    If you just want the Micro for its screen, I'd go with the second (backlit) GBASP model, instead. Same screen as the Micro, only bigger.

From a quick eBay search, it would seem the Famicom/20th Anniversary style is quite pricey, used or new... but especially new, heh. So glad I picked one of these up back when they were in stores; found mine at a Zellers for $50, lol. I love the 20th Anniversary GBMicro, personally... it has a great look to it.

7. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    I got a black GBM practically new for 50AU! Plus an accessory kit off eBay. Was well worth it.

8. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    I recently sold a new GBA Micro Famicom ed. on Ebay for US$100 (I bought a couple when they were cheap on PlayAsia). So if you are not willing to pay close to that, you might be priced out of the market... No one is going to give one away to you for less than the going rate...

9. lord0fshred

Member lord0fshred GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ask your gaming friends. i randomly brought up the topic and one of my friends happened to have one at their disposal and sold it to me for 10 dollars.

10. Nollie

Newcomer Nollie Member

United Kingdom
    Few months ago I was lucky enough to find a pretty much as-new Pink GBMicro for £12 incl. P&P which I still play on. I Googled 'Gameboy Micro for sale forum' and found the bargain on a UK based electronics site. However my faceplate is a little scratched now and I cannot find ANYWHERE which has a replacement.

At the time I purchased a Supercard Micro-SD from DX but unfortunately it broke after less than a day, it wasn't being recognised by anything.

As a replacement I bought the EZ-Flash IV which takes Mini-SD's. I used a Micro -> Mini SD adapter and it is fantastic. Hard to fault. It is easy to use and skinnable.

11. gtmtnbiker

Member gtmtnbiker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can buy a charger for $4 from DealExtreme. That's what I did when I bought my first GBM for $20 when the seller didn't have a charger. The next one I got from GameStop for $30. You can still buy new face plates from Nintendo's website.

12. ietcetera

Newcomer ietcetera Newbie

United States
    bro. i just created an account to answer this haha.

i live in California, USA.

I got me a famicom gameboy micro at gamestop yesterday for 69.99 brand new.

they had a used one for 29.99 black.

i called hella gamestops and they all didnt have any. and they changed the SKU? for it because they dont carry it..so its harder for them to do a "Search" and tell u of nearby gamestops that might have em.

they log them into their registry as just gameboy advances...or something.

but yeha. i found mine just yesterday. have u had any luck? trust me. the famicom version is worth waiting for.

the mother 3 version looks cool too.