Best place to buy a Cobra ODE, and what are the extent of its capabilities?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Mariosegafreak, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Mariosegafreak
    OP

Mariosegafreak AKA ZeroTheSavior

Aug 7, 2011
    United States
    Gensokyo
    So I want to know where I can get a Cobra ODE without being ripped off, and what I can do with it.

I know modding the PS3 and installing CFW is impossible, but can I modify the ISOs I rip to my hard drive?

And can I do (in theory) whatever this guy did to his game?

And finally, can I boot games off an internal hard drive from my PS3, or does it have to be USB?

2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    To answer #1, pretty much the same place you'd get flash carts. modchip central etc...
    #2 No you cannot. Without CFW you have no way of accessing the HDD in any R/W fashion. If I'm not mistaken, the ISO's must be original and non-modified.

I guess if you want a TLDR version.

No you cannot do what you linked in that video on an ODE.

Edit: To answer your last question - it HAS to be external USB. OFW does not allow you access to the internal HDD so there's no method of loading anything onto the internal drive.

If you plan on doing anything like listed above, I refer you to your earlier thread. CFW is the way to go.

3. Mariosegafreak
    OP

Mariosegafreak AKA ZeroTheSavior

Aug 7, 2011
    United States
    Gensokyo
    Well, okay. I'll see if I can find any PS3 slims with 3.55 on Amazon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice