Hardware Best picture quallity for vWii

Superfighter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
There is an upscale or something that removes the annoying pixels like on the games or there is a way to get the best video quallity in vWii? I tried to force in my usbloader gx to pal480p but nothing happen..

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Pixels IS best video quality, on a 480p system, if you can see the pixels clearly, then you're getting the best image quality. If you want to smooth the pixels, that the only way to do that is to worsen the picture quality.

Superfighter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Pixels IS best video quality, on a 480p system, if you can see the pixels clearly, then you're getting the best image quality. If you want to smooth the pixels, that the only way to do that is to worsen the picture quality.
i think i confused the words.. there is something annonying in the picture its hard to tell.. plz see the picture.. there
Screenshot_1.png
some wierd looking things in the picture..

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You are talking anti-aliasing i.e. removing those jagged edges like in Links pants?
If so, only using a non-HD screen, I'm afraid.

eyeliner

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can't, my man. Your TV might have a game mode setting, maybe?
Some TV's do and it helps.

eyeliner

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I never seen such a thing, but @Cyan is the wisest of the wiser regarding USBLoaderGX.
But take into account that the Wii never was a real HD device.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
there is an option in the settimgs of the software that improve the picture quallity? im using normal hdtv and my wii u plug with regular hdmi
No, there's no option to improve the quality of the display.

There are only video mode (576, 480, progressive or interlace, widescreen or not).

Is your problem only on WiiU ? did you try on a Wii ? Maybe the problem is due to the way the console does the oversampling resizing over hdmi?
Your TV is probably not 720p, so if it's bigger there's a process to make the image bigger to fit your screen.
Maybe try to go to WiiU settings and set a lower resolution so there won't be process done by the console but only by your tv?

Also, games usually look better when it's not using widescreen mode, but user rarely like 4:3 pictures on a wide tv.

Or maybe, you know, that's just how that game looks.

Superfighter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
No, there's no option to improve the quality of the display.

There are only video mode (576, 480, progressive or interlace, widescreen or not).

Is your problem only on WiiU ? did you try on a Wii ? Maybe the problem is due to the way the console does the oversampling resizing over hdmi?
Your TV is probably not 720p, so if it's bigger there's a process to make the image bigger to fit your screen.
Maybe try to go to WiiU settings and set a lower resolution so there won't be process done by the console but only by your tv?

Also, games usually look better when it's not using widescreen mode, but user rarely like 4:3 pictures on a wide tv.

Or maybe, you know, that's just how that game looks.

my tv is samsung smartv max resolution is 1080p and my wii u is in widescreen and it is plug via hdmi

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
like I said, try to lower the WiiU video resolution in the WiiU settings, so the console doesn't resize 720*480 to 1080p before sending it to hdmi.
but it's only an idea, it might not have any effect, you'll have to test and see if there's any change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol