best personal achievement in a ds game without cheats

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Vigilante, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Vigilante
    OP

Vigilante TempLurker

Jan 1, 2010
    CyberSpace IQ:OVER 9000
    What is the greatest ds game achievement that you have done so far . For me it was perfecting pokemon ranger shadows of almia game that included doing all quests,cathing all the pokemon and beating regigigas without cheats

2. WarBuddhaV

WarBuddhaV Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2010
    United States
    Had to think on this one a bit, but I'd have to say both Advance Wars.

Edit: right, blame it on being 3 in the morning [​IMG] aquiring all the playable characters and beating each level with atleast A rank.

3. Vigilante
    OP

Vigilante TempLurker

Jan 1, 2010
    CyberSpace IQ:OVER 9000
    Whats your achievement In those games?

4. Infinite Zero

Infinite Zero Almost!

Apr 25, 2010
    United States
    California
    uh i finished Ace Attorney?

5. mangaTom

mangaTom GBAtemp Fan

Jun 3, 2010
    Your Nearest Bathroom
    Does cheating also include reading walkthroughs?Anyway my best achievement was playing Legend of Zelda,though I haven't collected all the treasures,I finished all the sidequests,and collected all rabbits.IMO,that was my best achievement so far.

6. oniryuk1

oniryuk1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2010
    United States
    Georgia
    ninja gaiden for DS , killing the first dragon boss to unlocking the mode kunoichi...

7. basher11

basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    died 100 times in COD: Black Ops [​IMG]

8. Kwartel

Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Apr 11, 2009
    Netherlands
    Playing all stages in NSMB as Luigi without one game over.. Yeah that isn't that great, is it? [​IMG]

9. Inunah

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Greatest achievement in a DS game?

I managed to kill that boss, you see. The Grinning Colossus. I'm the hero you all wish you could be. I made it through the tunnel, then I grabbed that fire on the wall. I jumped up above him, then I burned the rope and saved us all. I burned the rope and saved us all. I BURNED the roped and saved US. Now I'm a hero. I managed to beat the whole damn game. You're happy I made it, but how am I gonna spend the rest of this day? Maybe watch a video... Maybe press refresh and start again.

Yes, it's over now. They didn't want to make a longer game. This is it, I swear it's true.

10. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Getting an insanely powerful Anastasia blade in Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings.

The save file of it got corrupted about a year and a half ago, and I didn't want to restart from the backup save that had a blade that was 1,000 points less powerful.

Sucks, but life goes on.

(Note to self: must play that game once again to get some nostalgic feelings.)

11. Demonbart

Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Mar 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Lazytown, yarr
    I did that too, but getting all 493 on pokemon diamond (only cheating for Arceus) is definitely my greatest achievement.

12. GhostToast

GhostToast GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2009
    United States
    Aurora, IL
    At one point on a commercial cart, I had the #1 spot for Forts mode in Worms: Open warfare 2 for "GhostToast". I have since traded in the cart and use a different DS anyway. Plus the multiplayer scene is virtually (haha pun intended) dead anyway. But I was proud of it at the time.

13. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    It only took me ~200 hours. Not that great of an achievement. [​IMG]

EDIT: several times, actually. I have the entire Pokédex filled (legitimately, never cheated) on Pokémon Pearl, Platinum and SoulSilver. I'm close to finishing White's Pokédex, too, but the last 3 Pokémon haven't been released yet. It'll probably take another 2-3 years before Nintendo decide to release Genesect, so I'm waiting patiently.

14. Ishidori

Ishidori GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2008
    Complete the Elite Beat Agent, i unlock Commander Khan.

15. basher11

basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    you can unlock that guy? >_> i have to play that game again.

16. Goli

Goli RPG

Jul 16, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Eh... I beat Final Fantasy III and IV and Dragon Quest IV? Most people don't seem to be able to beat either because they're "too hard", so they quit or cheat or use RTS. I didn't think they were though.

17. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    FFIV is quite the easy Final Fantasy, but III is seriously difficult if you don't wear the Ribbons (and no one ever thinks of wearing items that don't have optimised stat bonuses). You should try grinding your characters up to level 99. It takes years (quite literally) without using a EXP . 65536 cheat. And even then...

Maxing all character's stats is also a pain. Getting all the Onion equipment and maxing the Onion Knight's job level for everyone. Now that's what I call a challenge.

18. SinHarvest24

SinHarvest24 Shiroyasha

Oct 8, 2010
    Chad
    Anywhere you think of me.
    beating fire emblem on the hardest difficulty. took me like 20 replays per level. it was fun though. [​IMG]

19. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Got 50/50 Medals and 49/50 Perfects on Rhythm Paradise. I hate you, Rhythm Rally 2 [​IMG]

20. _Chaz_

_Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    I Got all the Onion equipment and maxed the Onion Knight's job level for everyone.

Warning: Spoilers inside!