best paints for Ninty handhelds?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by zidane_genome, Jul 16, 2008.

Jul 16, 2008
  1. zidane_genome
    OP

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    I'm going to be painting my GBA SP as a test, and then my new DS shell when it gets here, and would like to know what are the best paints to use on the shells to get the best results...

I've tried normal spray paints (well, plastics spray paints), but it seemed really thick, and made my GBA SP sticky, even months after painting it...

I'll def post some photos when I'm done, but wanna know what kind of paints are good to use!

2. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I dont have any advice on the paints but what type of pattern are you doing or is it just a different colour.

3. zidane_genome
    OP

United States
    on my gba, I'm going to do the classic Zelda triforce logo, but with the Master sword going though it, kinda like the OoT logo (replace the Hylian Shield with the Triforce)

For my DS, not sure what i'm going to put on there yet... I am a huge Zelda fan, but not sure what I wanna put on it yet

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i still haven't got around to painting my old gameboy yet, one day i will do it.

5. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Do you draw it free hand or use a stencil. Also, any pics of your original GBA SP. The sticky one.

6. zidane_genome
    OP

United States
    the gba is a silver one that I painted green with a made for plastics spray paint... nothing too fancy... picking up some acetone/paint thinner today to melt away what I couldn't scratch off.

I will be free hand painting this stuff. I will most likely go with some tape outlines for the triforce logo just to get it squared off, but the Master Sword will be completely freehand.

I will be posting some photos MUCH later tonight, of the whole process...

Still need to know a good paint thought, lol