Best or interesting cyberspace games

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Fel, May 23, 2011.

May 23, 2011
  1. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Can anyone suggest a good cyberspace game? Cyberpunk would be good too, but I'm especially looking for a game that involves the cyberspace/matrix.

Games I know about: Bloodnet, Neuromancer, Shadowrun

Though I have played only the first one and Sega version Shadowrun. Is Neuromancer any good? If yes, for which platform?

2. Fel
    OP

Czech Republic
    There's really no one here who's played a game with matrix/cyberspace/dreamland (whatever it is called) that you could recommend? I thought sci-fi/c-punk genre was quite popular too here on the temp.

3. zaffo256

Newcomer zaffo256 Newbie

Canada
    There is Beneath a Steel Sky that is Freeware. You can download it directly on the ScummVM download page. Here
    It's exactly what you want. It's cyberpunk and there is some cyberspace section. The only thing is that it's kind of more a comedic story than a dramatic one. And it's a point an click adventure game not an RPG. But it got a nice story with some dramatic part too.

And as it run with ScummVM, so you can play it on almost anything : Wii,DS,PC,Dreamcast,Windows,Mac,Linux,etc.

There is also an iOS version but that one is not freeware but it's probably cheap.

All in all, it's a really great game and I recommend it.

4. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    arch of captain blood!! [​IMG]

5. Fel
    OP

Czech Republic
    I've heard about BSS before, thanks for reminding me! And Captain of Arch Blood quite caught my attention when I read the description about different alien languages and reactions. [​IMG]