Homebrew Best options for play gb/gbc/gba games on 3ds

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What’s the Best options for play gb/gbc/gba games on 3ds for best play back smooth etc?
I have a new 3ds

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best performance would probably be the existing Virtual Console - you can inject other games using this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/discussion-new-super-ultimate-injector-nsui.500376/

If you want extra features like save states, fast forward, button remapping, scaling options, you will need emulators. I use GameYob for GB/C: https://gbatemp.net/threads/gameyob-3ds-gb-c-emu.372523/
and mGBA for GBA: https://mgba.io/downloads.html

What’s the Best options for play gb/gbc/gba games on 3ds for best play back smooth etc?
I have a new 3ds

bobdown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch gambete for GB gbc
Gameyob IS pretty good Also (a ds homebrew though, look for cia installer)
For GBA, still thé best IS mgba.

Cheers

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IIRC the DS version of GameYob runs slightly more smoothly than the 3DS port - less slowdown, fewer sound problems. But you're then scaling the picture again by 1.25x to fill the 3DS screen, so it will look a bit worse.

Retroarch gambete for GB gbc
Gameyob IS pretty good Also (a ds homebrew though, look for cia installer)
For GBA, still thé best IS mgba.

Cheers

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gPSP with retroarch isn't a bad option for GBA. The dynarec will crash, so you have to turn that off in the core options unfortunately. Even so, many games that are just shy of fullspeed in mGBA run smoothly in gPSP, so its another option.

You can also use GBARunner2 via Twilightmenu, which runs games fast (sometimes too fast, even), although they audio tends to be laggy or desynched. This also uses DSi mode so the scaling will be kind of funky unless you disable it by holding start. There's no save states either like a real emulator. Still, its a convenient way to play through roms that are too slow for the emulators.

Ultimately the VC injects for GBA are on a different level from other VCs, because they run the games "natively" more like backwards compatability than a full emulator. This means they run extremely accurately and have minimal input lag. It can just be a bit of pain individually injecting every rom and dumping/injecting saves, but it does offer the best results by a mile.

trev1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any help would be appreciated
Im using the gameyob for ds for gb/gba
emulation and was wondering if you have any experience with it

When I press B to exit setting function it does not let me control the game screen i played with settings a bit to see if anything works but its not working its almost like they button is off but its not
When I hit B it just flahes and continues to control the bottom settings screen and not the top screen to play the rom

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I find GBA VC injects work best for me, but then you run into that 300 titles limit... But then again, I only enjoy less than 30 GBA games, so it's really not an issue. But it does clutter things that aren't in folders. I haven't tried mGBA on the 3DS, my 3DS hasn't been touched in years since the Switch dropped.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Any help would be appreciated
Im using the gameyob for ds for gb/gba
emulation and was wondering if you have any experience with it

When I press B to exit setting function it does not let me control the game screen i played with settings a bit to see if anything works but its not working its almost like they button is off but its not
When I hit B it just flahes and continues to control the bottom settings screen and not the top screen to play the rom

Try selecting "exit" it exits the menu, not the app or the game as far as i rememeber. Or try pressing the touchscreen.
gameyob doesn't emulate GBA as far as i know. I use GBArunner2 as a DS injectef title (no twilightmenu), works flawlessly except for the incompatible games, which aren't many

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1