OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I have a 5.3.2 Wii U and want to play N64 games (mainly all rare games like Banjo kazooie, perfect dark, goldeneye, conker,...)

What is the best option to play N64 games on Wii U?
Wii 64, VC injection??

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
I think Not64 has better compatibility with those games. Don't bother trying to emulate Banjo Tooie though its pretty unplayable.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
use project 64 2.2 to get a good experience.
don't count on rare games ever been emulated correctly on consoles :(

At least Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 run perfectly fine on wiiU (VC injection)
And all RARE games should run smoothly (and officially) on wiiU...but will never because Microsoft doesn't want to (well, maybe one day, after all, they have released Minecraft wiiU).

If/when a more elaborate hack is coming (IOSU from hykem), with native wiiU homebrew, everything should be possible, even some kind of wiiU 64 :P (hope devs will be interested, crossing fingers)

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer 1080p and butter smooth 60 fps on PC emulators.
What laggy goldeney 64 experience from back then is unbearable nowadays, but fun to play with friends in FullHD via emulator.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is exactly why I bought an everdrive. You can now also play 64DD, and aleck64 games on it too.

What version of the everdrive 64 did you get? I have been looking into getting one but have not made up my mind about which version I should buy. V3 just got released but I'd say version 2 is all I'd need.

I read that version 3 you don't need to do that reset power thing to make the games save, or something like that :wacko:

Reactions: KiiWii

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think DK64 is on the eShop, btw. I know, you are probably looking for an emulation solution, but I figure I would suggest a legit route too.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
At least Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 run perfectly fine on wiiU (VC injection)
And all RARE games should run smoothly (and officially) on wiiU...but will never because Microsoft doesn't want to (well, maybe one day, after all, they have released Minecraft wiiU).

If/when a more elaborate hack is coming (IOSU from hykem), with native wiiU homebrew, everything should be possible, even some kind of wiiU 64 :P (hope devs will be interested, crossing fingers)
no they dont

WIIu n64 injection can play perfectly
donkey kong 64
banjo kazooie
perfect dark has some audio issues
goldeneye Jap only works okaywith cafiine but not on loadiine for some reason.

rest dont work at all

Not64 vwii
goldeney all regions
banjo kazooie
banjo tooue plays at like half speed
conker has some minor slowdowns

this is what i know.

Reactions: KiiWii

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
no they dont

WIIu n64 injection can play perfectly
donkey kong 64
banjo kazooie

this is EXACTLY what I said ? Did I miss something ? Or you're Misreading ?

I said that Banjo-kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 work great on wiiU
you said NO...Banjo-kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 work great on wiiU

YES THEY ARE WORKING NICELY.

and you're talking about INJECTED roms on an (official) emulator that is NOT DESIGNED FOR. Of course this makes a lot of games unstable (never said it's not) ! But this is only a limitation of microsoft's licenses. Nintendo could, of course, make all games running smoothly on wiiU, but won't because microsoft will probably never sell RARE's licences on Nintendo hardware !

Last edited by Badablek,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What version of the everdrive 64 did you get? I have been looking into getting one but have not made up my mind about which version I should buy. V3 just got released but I'd say version 2 is all I'd need.

I read that version 3 you don't need to do that reset power thing to make the games save, or something like that :wacko:

I think I have 2.0 or 2.5... Not sure. V3 has internal battery for animal crossing and enhanced features. ULTRACIC looks interesting

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best way to emulate everything is a decent PC and 4 XBOX 360 controllers. that way you get the best graphics and controls. and if you can afford it and don't want to take your PC anywhere you go, get a gaming laptop to even emulate everything up to Wii games. I don't have a beefy laptop so I use it to emulate everything up to PS2. for the rest I use my gaming rig if necessary (usually it isn't since I play GC/Wii +NES/SNES on the Wii).
But those rare games everyone is talking about look and play better than on the original console using a PC emulator.

Of course I would like to fire up goldeneye 64 in 1080p and 60 fps on my WiiU or play Banjo-Tooie+Conker without hickups and sound issues, but it won't happen anytime soon, I suppose :(

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

and you're talking about INJECTED roms on an (official) emulator that is NOT DESIGNED FOR. Of course this makes a lot of games unstable (never said it's not) ! But this is only a limitation of microsoft's licenses. Nintendo could, of course, make all games running smoothly on wiiU, but won't because microsoft will probably never sell RARE's licences on Nintendo hardware !
from what i understood since english isnt my native language i understood you said all rare games worked fine on wiiu VC injection.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This seemed like a VERY hostile reply to me. . .

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
from what i understood since english isnt my native language i understood you said all rare games worked fine on wiiu VC injection.

english is not my native language too, but my words were perfectly clear :

And all RARE games SHOULD run smoothly (and officially) on wiiU...but will never because Microsoft doesn't want to (well, maybe one day, after all, they have released Minecraft wiiU).

@Thirty3Three

absolutely not, and I really don't know why you come here to say something like that...what's the point ? Put some oil on a (non-existent) fire ? (Don't consider this question as "hostility" too :ph34r: ) In fact, when you write something which is not in your native language, you don't have all the "shades" of the language, which could lead to misunderstanding

When you say something, and somebody jumps on you to contradict yourself, don't you "defend" yourself if you know that you are perfectly right in what you said ? Should I have put dozen smilies on my answer to soften it ?
If I was wrong in my statement, I would have accepted the remark, no problem. But wrong interpretation of my words is really unpleasant, nothing else (even worst when this is not in my native language, which obliges me to make more efforts to explain myself).

Now I hope you understood my point of view, there was no hate or anything like that in my words. Just statements.
off-topic closed for my part. Peace.

Last edited by Badablek,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Hey, VSauce. Where are your fingers?