Hacking Best option for New 3ds

CLMT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I just got my son the new 3ds and it's at version 9.0.0.20U. I'm giving my younger one his old 3ds xl which has the sky3ds because its at version 9.4. From what I've read, the new 3ds can't be downgraded to 4.5. The sky3ds works great with the new 3ds but if I can avoid spending another 80-90 bucks that would be awesome. Am I stuck with buying another sky3ds or is there a magical option I missed while searching?

CLMT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, sharing the sky3ds is definitely out of the question lol. There would be more fighting over it than playing lol. If I wait to get the gateway, should I just buy it now and then wait for the update or is it going to be a different card? Gateway is better anyway right becuse you can run homebrew and aton of other things?

Reactions: Margen67

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would personally not buy GW on empty promises, only if you can use it for something it currently actually does. There really shouldn't be a need for another card for N3DS support, since GW is really nothing more than a softmod, but I wouldn't put it past them to try to scam existing customers out of more money by requiring a new card. There is no honor among thieves, as they say

That said, I am hopeful the update will work fully with the original card and will be out soon, but no one has any idea because they would rather ignore their customers.

As for your specific problem, since you have two machines that both currently only work with Sky, you would obviously need 2 of them to play at the same time. I think the cheapest solution would not be getting another Sky card, but getting another 3DS that is 9.2 or lower, downgrading it, and installing CFW, and selling your 9.4.

Reactions: Margen67

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two people can use the same gateway card at once since you can install the game as .cia ;)

You just need to insert the card so you can enter gateway mode then you can pass the gateway card to anyone else

But of course we need gateway to release the exploit for n3ds support which is coming soonᵀᴹ

the3dsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im comtemplating the same thing. as a matter of fact, i also have a 9.0 n3ds US. id say, buy the sky3ds so you dont have to gatewait, in the mean time enjoy 95% of the gaming library, when gatewait comes out, then buy the gatewait depending if the features entices you.

BUT

if you wish to not spend the extra money, i would not buy a sky3ds and wait for gatewait.

you have no other options besides those two. whats the point of having 2 console and 1 flashcard?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Definitely don't buy the Gateway just on the basis of a promise, lest you're willing to risk setting yourself up for disappointment should the exploit be delayed for months on end (ha!) or provide a limited feature set. If you're willing to wait, wait for Gateway which has a more robust function set, but that entails keeping the N3DS on a low firmware, meaning not playing new games on it or going online. If you're not willing to wait and you just want to play ROM's, go for the Sky3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.