Best Online multiplayer shooter?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Raki, Dec 29, 2009.

Dec 29, 2009

Best Online multiplayer shooter? by Raki at 1:09 PM (1,547 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Raki
    OP

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Heya,

What good online shooters are out there atm? Halo 3 doesn't seem to bad, but Borderlands graphics just look amazing...

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Probably Call of Duty 4, 5, and 6. My brother has put at least over 300 hours into the three of those combined on online.

Otherwise, Halo 3 is good (there's people who say Halo suck but they're just fucktards) and a lot of people like Gears of War.

3. driverzx

Member driverzx GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Call of Duty MW2
    Call of Duty: WaW (Only the zombie mode)
    Call of Duty 4: MW

Halo sucks if you compare them to those.

4. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    halo sucks

get MW", and say gooodbye to your social life

5. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    The only people who say Halo sucks are douchebags who want to be "against the norm" since Halo is so damn popular. Halo has good online, you're just saying it sucks because of the aforementioned reason or because you're too busy masturbating to Call of Duty. Wait 'till CoD 9 comes out and people will say the same exact thing about Call of Duty.

They're different type of shooters, get over it.

6. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I understand that many people simply hate Halo due to it's overwhelming popularity but I have still been unfazed by it. I have attempted to play through the campaign but I just lose steam half way through and dont end up finishing. Unfortunately, this limits me on multiplayer as the single-player experience is vastly more important in my opinion so it ends up reflecting badly on the game as a whole. I have had a bit of fun in multiplayer (got ODST with Halo 3 multiplayer) but quickly traded it in for credit towards Assassins Creed 2 due to my total lack of interest in the franchise. I would dearly love to understand why Halo is so revered but I just cannot.

I agree that both Halo and Call of Duty will be the most recommended games in this thread and stress that the style of gameplay is totally different. If you want some alternatives however, try Orange Box for Team Fortress 2 (and the rest of games are brilliant as well) and although they may be old, try the Rainbow Six: Vegas titles. They are dirt cheap now and still have a decent community behind them.

7. soulfire

Member soulfire gear... secando

Netherlands
    some people like it some don't

me i loved the story mode it was awsome

the co-op was also fun to do together and multiplayer was cool

i played mw2 and 1 and they are both really good games

so get them both [​IMG]

8. Lolz

Banned Lolz Banned

United States
    oh god more "COD" fans. If Bungie Made Halo 4. COD would be fucked in the ass. I'll admit Modern Warfare 2 and WAW are pretty good. No Love for Metal Gear Solid 4? It has pretty good online gameplay.

9. Raki
    OP

Germany
    well I enjoyed playing Halo 1 on the old xbox in coop with a friend, halo 2 wasn't that bad as well...the storyline just felt somewhat confused due to the amount of different conflicts. guess I'll look for a cheap Halo 3

Just ordered Gears of War 1 + 2, since I played a bit GoW 2 in Co-op and it rocks...also they were quite cheap..
    I tried out the demo of rainbow six: vegas, but I didn't like it that much...
    MW2 is a bit too expensive for my taste atm...I'll wait a few months until it's cheaper...how's the multiplayer of borderlands? There's co-op afaik and is there some deathmatch kind of multiplayer as well?
    and how's the multiplayer of Battlefield: Bad Company? Comparable to Battlefield 2?

10. 67birdman

Member 67birdman GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Get CoD 4 MW & MW2, CoD 5 WaW, Gears of War 1 and 2, Battlefield Bad Company, Halo 3, GRAW 2.
    Definitely get Call of Duty, they are awesome, u will fall in love with it..

11. Raki
    OP

Germany
    well I played through CoD 4+5 on PC already, so singleplayer would be boring...and CoD6 is expensive atm

12. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    MGS4 isn't exactly a 'shooter' and MGO, honestly, sucks. Who wants to download gigabytes of updates at like 50Kbps? **** that.

13. Intimidator88

Member Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Halo 3
    Gears 1 and 2
    Cod i have both the MW but they get stall quick but still pretty fun
    L4d 1 and 2! Dont forget these they rock!

14. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    I'll have to give a two thumbs up for Borderlands! RPSs rock! Amazing Co-op, and to the question above: Yes, there is a Deathmatch feature [​IMG] (I have only done it once).