OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've read many opinions, but it's still sending me in circles, so I ask this.

What is the most durable cart? As in, does not break after pulling and plugging in the link cable after 500 times or so.

And well... The best generally, the above is the only one I care about, as I absolutely adore hacking.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
I absolutely adore hacking.
That mean you know programming, if so than buy acekard rpg , they are giving source code of every firmware release, so if you are skilled enough you could make yourself a nice custom menu that nobody have. (I heard that one user done that but he didnt share results with the world
frown.gif
)

Random Seeker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I'm not interested in flashiness, and from what I read, that card requires you to pull it out in order to be connected, much wear and tear = annoying.

What I'm looking for is simple one faithful cart that will last me quite a while.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
There is no absolute best i fear btw there is another thread here ... you need luck also ( a while = months ) ;-)

The best soft is cycloDs evolution for me but ... stocks are missing right now and current hardware batch is not reliable enough according to high rate of DOA ( i've got two working just fine for 4 & 6 months now )

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I absolutely adore hacking.
Agreed. Acekard RPG would be the best. You even said price isn't a problem. You pretty much took out it's only bad point. It should be perfect for you.

Well, I'm not interested in flashiness, and from what I read, that card requires you to pull it out in order to be connected, much wear and tear = annoying.

What I'm looking for is simple one faithful cart that will last me quite a while.
There is no wear and tear. I can't confirm this as my acekard is still shipping but I think azotyp can. I think acekard has the best hardware quality and no, putting the USB cable in it 500 times will not break it. It was designed for that kind of connection. There is no wear and tear you were mentioning, and since you love to hack, by what you state, acekard RPG is seriously perfect for you.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yep, AceKard RPG would fit your needs perfectly.
Open source loader, dual memory.
The Cyclo has a great loader, and a great team, but shite hardware.
The AceKard has great hardware, but almost no English support, and a loader lacking in features, although the latter is being improved all the time, and with it being open source, there are endless possibilities.

Edit: How do flash carts have sex? I request some rule 34 on the AceKard.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How do flash carts have sex? I request some rule 34 on the AceKard.

I think that slot 1s are the guys and slot 2s are the girls and when they bond via a DS the male... nevermind.
tongue.gif

And you also want a durable cart? In the review I've read that the Cyclo has just a mediocre build quality, so maybe an M3Real?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
M3Real is also mediocre built and software is dull...

The latest premature baby (DSTT) is Here ...
I think the M3 Real isn't mediocre at all. Sure, the software can become better, but it's still not bad (especially when you're used to using the Slot-2 M3).

The DSTT is (from what I've heard) not bad at all either! It has all the features the R4 has plus some more, and it's really cheap too!

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I can confirm, contrary to the GBATemp review, that you can plug in the USB cable while it is still in the DS.
I can do this with two of the cables I already have, and the one included with the AceKard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?