Hacking Best NDS Rom Manager?

mjclark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!I've started using OfflineList to manage my GBA roms and it's fantastic but is there a rom manager for NDS with a similar level of sophistication,i.e. rom verification,list filters,box art and screenshots?
I've tried NDS Rom Manager,Romulator (from this forum!) and EmuControlCenter but none of them have all the bells and whistles that I like.
I'm looking for an NDS equivalent of OfflineList or MAMEPro so can anyone point me in the right direction?

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't know if by "Romulator" you actually mean "Rominator" or if it has the features you mention in those programs you mention, but I can tell you Rominator is a great application and it gets better with every release.

mjclark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I did mean "Rominator" but Romulator is a great name though! Have you got a URL for advancescene cos Google's only giving me things in French...

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.advanscene.com

They also have PSP and GBA release lists...
wink.gif

mjclark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fantastic!The NDS dats were exactly what I wanted so now I can manage NDS roms with OfflineList too.
Thanks for your help.These forums are a great thing!

guardianmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MJCLARK ,u can use the offlinelist for nds games, i have a hard time finding the .dat file that works in offlinelist but u dont need another software,just find the nds list for offlinelist and put it in the datas folder,it should work, u'll be able to alternate between your gba and nds lists in a flash but my biggest problem is getting offlinelist to recognise the nds list. anyways thats as much as i know. WAIT i figured it out!! in the advancescene website that martin posted. in the left section of the page, one of the tabs says DATS...click on it ,read a little then scroll to the bottom of the page where u will find the link to the nds list for the offlinelist software. i have the offlinelist setup that i had to install in the computer rather than the folder that u simply extract on ur desktop,so if it doesnt work with the folder, try going on the website of offlinelist, download the setup version,install it and in the dats folder where ever u installed offlinelist put the advancescene .dat file there. i dunno if i make sense when i type but it sounds more complicated than it is really.

redeyez

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MJCLARK ,u can use the offlinelist for nds games, i have a hard time finding the .dat file that works in offlinelist but u dont need another software,just find the nds list for offlinelist and put it in the datas folder,it should work, u'll be able to alternate between your gba and nds lists in a flash but my biggest problem is getting offlinelist to recognise the nds list. anyways thats as much as i know. WAIT i figured it out!! in the advancescene website that martin posted. in the left section of the page, one of the tabs says DATS...click on it ,read a little then scroll to the bottom of the page where u will find the link to the nds list for the offlinelist software. i have the offlinelist setup that i had to install in the computer rather than the folder that u simply extract on ur desktop,so if it doesnt work with the folder, try going on the website of offlinelist, download the setup version,install it and in the dats folder where ever u installed offlinelist put the advancescene .dat file there. i dunno if i make sense when i type but it sounds more complicated than it is really.

Carriage Return would be nice
wink.gif

PigVenus

Trophies
XP
Country
ADVANsCEne has the NDS .dat for OfflineList. Only problem is that it doesn't list homebrew. I wish there was a way to change that....

Tuy_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Project NDS has an added feature that you won't find with those other managers: It fetches data from the internet like review, and hooks those up to your games.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stilll haven't found a single rom manager I like, I easily find problems with them, and those little problems are what drive me crazy

1 - Shouldn't rename any files if trimming (Rominator I believe does this, appends 1 unless the new one is in a different folder)
2 - Shouldn't show any errors if you're microSD card isn't plugged in (Like can't read drive, nothing there, etc)
3 - Listings should be fast and simple
4 - Anything else is extra, and is just nice to have.
5 - Listings should either be specific about what you have (Well labeled, perhaps even a column for it), and fetched/auto-updated

In any case, checked out advancescene, probably won't be trying that either.

Perhaps soon enough there will be one that combines all the good aspects of the different ones.

P.S. I'm not complaining, I'm too lazy to code my own NDS manager, so I really can't bitch at people willing
tongue.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the original post did say he wanted something like OfflineList, he wasn't looking for the actual thing. He wanted something equivalent to it for NDS roms (not GBA).
He also asked about it in April of 2007.
(It's impolite to bring up something so old, it's not helpful to bring a 2-year-dead thread back to the top. There are exceptions but there's no reason for it in this thread.)

For what it's worth, if people are now browsing this thread, looking for NDS ROM Managers there are a couple good ones I've used (which I'm not sure were around at the time of this thread)--
RToolDS (made by some folks at Advanscene)
DSFCC (made by some sort of Trolleyguy?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The spam robots have become self aware