Best (most stable) RTS on Flashcards

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mata123, Feb 24, 2009.

Feb 24, 2009
  1. mata123
    OP

Newcomer mata123 Newbie

Czech Republic
    Hi, I'm thinking about buying new flashcard (my EZ Flash V doesn't support sdhc). I think, that almost all cards are same, so the most important think for me is stable RTS. EZ Flash V has quite user friendly RTS, but it crashes often (loaded game is unplayable). Is there any flashcard with stable RTS? On GBA, I had EZ Flash III and it was awsome (fast and reliable), so i want something as good on NDS.

2. SoLuckys

Member SoLuckys GBAtemp Regular

Cyprus
    CycloDS Evo, one of the best flashcarts with stable RTS,SupecardDS ONE has too

3. nonnonnon

Member nonnonnon GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    you should try m3 ds real (buy it here:http://www.m3real.net/index.php) it has a quite stable RTS and it has an impressive list of functions. it is very userfrendly.

1. Q: Is SDHC microSD Supported?
    A: Yes it is fully supported. That's means M3 real can be compatible with 4GB microSD card or higher capacity 8GB , 16GB ....

M3DS Real

Features of M3DS Real
    - 100% compatibility - works on any DS.
    - Extremely simple to use. Just drag and drop files onto the memory card and insert into the M3DS Real. Standard FAT system.
    - Supports the Micro SDHC specification, allowing for high capacity memory cards up to 32 GB at present.
    - The M3DS Real supports running programs without any lag or slow down on any micro sd card, even lower-speed ones.
    - Special features can be enabled while programs are running (eg. SlowMotion mode, etc.)
    - Automatic save type detection eliminates the need to provide a save type database file.
    - The M3DS Real writes all files permanently to the micro sd card. Power interruptions cause no save data loss.
    - Excellent homebrew support. DLDI auto-patcher.
    - Upgradeable system. Operating system has virtually no size limitations.
    - Robust & skinnable GUI.
    - Built in PassMe (No need to insert TF card, no need to use with any boot cart/passcard etc. Supports booting Slot1-NDS, Slot2-GBA, Slot2-NDS, etc.)
    - DirectBoot: Supports direct booting of applications.
    - Supports Slot-2 expansions cards. (Rumble, Ram, Browser memory, GBA expansion card, etc.)
    - Includes a full touch screen & button control GUI.
    - NDS-GBA Linkage works fine.
    - The M3DS Real has some of the strongest media features:
    Built-in “Media-Ex” application + “Moonshell “ media player.
    i) Supports playing MP3, OGG music & DPG / DSM / GBM movies
    ii)Super E-book function, supports Word / Txt files directly.
    III)Super picture viewer function, supports *.BMP, *.JPG, *.GIF, *.PNG files directly.
    - Built in PDA (Worldwide Time, Memo, Note, Phone book, Calculator.)
    - Multi-Language support, including French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Thai, Japanese...
    - Supports DS sleep mode.
    - Brightness adjustment within GUI

4. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'd have to say the Supercard DSOne. I have never had any issues using it's RTS feature. I'm sure that most people here would suggest the CycloDS. Both are a good choice imo.

5. LD560

Member LD560 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    top3: M3DS Real, CycloDS and SuperCard One

6. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I've used it around 100 times on Fire Emblem DS with my CycloDS, and it never failed me.

The CycloDS really is worth the extra money.

7. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    When I read the title, I thought Real Time Strategy.

Anyway, CycloDS has the best RTS. And the best features in general.

8. mata123
    OP

Newcomer mata123 Newbie

Czech Republic
    Ok, i don't really need any extra features, just reliable RTS. It would be good if the connection between my DS card and original GBA pokemon game would work.

9. SoLuckys

Member SoLuckys GBAtemp Regular

Cyprus
    Then again i prefer CycloDS Evo

10. niu

Member niu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Supercard DSone
    Cyclods Evolution
    M3DS Real
    iTouchDS

11. blanco613

Member blanco613 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the cyclods evolution

it works perfect in every game

12. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    There is just a thin amount of flashcarts with RTS.

They are:
    - M3 Real
    - CycloDS Evolution
    - SuperCard DS One
    - iTouch DS

For some reason, when I think of it, an iTouch DS is just a cheaper version of the M3 Real with not as much features. so don't bother getting an iTouch. Go for M3Real~!

13. XRacer101

Newcomer XRacer101 Advanced Member

Canada
    CycloDS Evolution has the best (most stable) RTS IMO.

14. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Get the CycloDS, M3real or even the iTouch, I advise you to stay away from SCDS1, even though it has good support and excellent RTS the GUI is possibly the worst of any flash cart.

He asked for the most stable not the least, the EZ Flash V's RTS is a joke.

15. Nathan-NL

Member Nathan-NL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Satangel is right, the CycloDS Evolution has the most trustworthy RTS ever [​IMG]

16. Tanas

United Kingdom
    OK fair enough about the SCDS1, some people like it some dont, but as for the EZ Flash V's RTS it's that usless it might aswell be left out .

17. Fun_Zephyr

Member Fun_Zephyr GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I have the iTouch, M3 Real, CycloDS and SuperCard DS One (SDHC) and I have found that:

SuperCard I had to disable RTS on several games due to the game not loading with it enabled, games crashed more often after a load from RTS. I no longer use this card
    CycloDS - very rarely do I have an issue with RTS and generally you own fault if it does (You should pause the game / go into a game menu before trying to RTS)
    M3 Real / iTouch use the same RTS menu system and you are able to have up to 3 RTS saves per game - CycloDS only allows one. Rarely have I had an issue just like with teh CycloDS

Advantage of M3 Real is that if you get the perfect bundle you can also use RTS for GBA games - fantastic fetaure to be abel to RTS both NDS and GBA.

The games that would not load without crashing or I had to disable RTS on the SuperCard work on both the CycloDS and M3 Real / iTouch.

I use both the M3 Real and CycloDS as my main two cards.

A side note - I have not tested the SuperCard RTS since the SP5 update - however, personally I would stay away from the SuprCard DS One (SDHC) - many issues with PSRAM and also their cheat menu is really bad. Great to be able to activate and deactivate any cheat when you want but the menu is hard to know what each cheat really does. (Yes there is a triple loader but when you laod other than SC you lose RTS etc)

18. Tanas

United Kingdom
    But the thing is that, 9 out of 10 people do not want to put time and effort into a cart that needs a lot of dedication put into it, just to get it up and running the way they want it, and which also has a really ridiculously hard to use cheat engine. People just want their carts i.e. CycloDS, M3 Real and iTouch that already run at their optimum performance straight out of the box with no messing.

19. adjcn

Newcomer adjcn Member

Brazil
    i have CycloDS Evolution and he never fail

20. nonnonnon

Member nonnonnon GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    i still prefer m3 ds real. it has support for RTS on gba and NDS as well as super homebrew support,frequently uppdates and good support via e-mail [​IMG]