Best Modchip?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jrsaysbiteme, Jun 13, 2008.

Jun 13, 2008

Best Modchip? by jrsaysbiteme at 10:20 AM (1,930 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. jrsaysbiteme
    OP

Newcomer jrsaysbiteme Member

United States
    I know most of you will say the Wii-Clip but i figured id ask anyways. Which modchip is the best for the wii. A friend of mine said he got the Wii-Clip installed and that its almost impossible for nintendo to detect. Is this true. Also if i order a Wii-Clip do i pick the option for d2ckey soldered on? Ive never bought a mod chip before so if i pick one up i wanna know im buying the right thing. Any info on this would be graciously appreciated.

2. AvEnGeR-X

Newcomer AvEnGeR-X Advanced Member

Australia
    I like D2pro. No problems so far, pretty cheap. But I havent tried any other modchips for the Wii.

3. felix123

Member felix123 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Find out what chipset you have first.

4. fsimonp

Member fsimonp GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    i think wasabi is best because of the ability to update via dvd plus the chip is compatible with all chipsets so far!
    also there are no known problems with it..

5. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    No modchip has been ever detected. What has been detected is dvd-r's and such, but chips themselves are all invisible to nintendo. The wii-clip is not a modchip itself, it's just a tool that is imo not worth the extra money.
    It's not a matter of which modchip is "the best", it's a matter of what modchips your wii can use. Determine the chipset, then choose.

6. jrsaysbiteme
    OP

Newcomer jrsaysbiteme Member

United States
    How do i determine the chipset? Also i want a modchip i don't have to solder. Less chance of me messing something up.

7. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    If you can't solder, don't even think about doing it yourself. Just get someone else to do it. You will always have to solder in one way or another.

8. jeklnoo

Member jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm trying to find people that want a wii-clip for cheap w/d2ckey. I can get you a set for $30+shipping which is pretty cheap compared to other options out there (that includes both the wiiclip & d2ckey). Let me know if you're interested, it involves me buying 5 at a wholesale price, and then sending them out to the individual people interested. more info

9. AvEnGeR-X

Newcomer AvEnGeR-X Advanced Member

Australia
    He's right. You have to solder to install mod-chips. One of those memory card mod-chips released for the PS2 aren't out for the Wii yet, and won;t be for a very long time (if ever). So get a pre-modded Wii if you haven't got a Wii (you get a warranty if you do that) or get your Wii chipped by a pro mod-chipper [​IMG] (voids you warranty though, and if your Wii stuffs up, they usually blame that its the Wii, not the mod-chip, so you can get into a big pickle).

10. Chanser

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    Are you sure?

I've heard there is problems with the original Wasabi, do a search on Google to find out more. Got the D2Pro here, this can update via DVD and supports all chipsets including the D2C2.

11. fabulo

Newcomer fabulo Advanced Member

United States
    wasabi is out of stock, i heard. right?

and currently has a new version of argon can support the D2C2 Wii. or D2Sun 1.1/1.2 can also work with Wii D2C2.

this site is selling a batch of many chips: http://www.volumerate.com/products.vr/category.1221 can take it into consideration.

12. Sotoro

Member Sotoro GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    If you have a Wii with an old board, try Wiikey-runs perfect and easy to use...

13. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    if you have an old wii then probally cyclowiz, the team are quick to adress issues, upgradable via dvd, can even upgrade to unoffical cyclowiz firmwares such as yasom and others. Disabling the chip is always a nice feature too.

14. googlemaster

Newcomer googlemaster Member

United States
    I put my hope on Wiikey.

15. RyuKakashi

Member RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Old wii is yaosm for sure. free and open source, compatible with lots of cheap chips. A very good developer, upgradable via dvd.

new is probably wasabi