Hacking Best MicroSDHC cards

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess Kingston, Toshiba and A-Data are the best branded cards for this type. If you're interested in a 4gb MicroSDHC card (UK) check here. It's Kingston branded and costs £27.65 with P&P (1-4 days). I can't find a better deal. As for Toshiba branded, well, they're almost non-existent although Memory Zoo (or w/e they're name is) have them for around £40 so just stick with Kingston.

If you find a better price post here.

Now to find a good priced black CycloDS....

EDIT: I just went to buy one so they decide to add £4.71 Tax :'( Cheeky gits!!
mad.gif

EDIT2: Actually I just checked today and the price totals to £23.48 with P&P 2-4 days and VAT! That's actually really good!
happy.gif

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazon.co.uk would be the best.
Sandisk cards 4 gig around 18 pounds.
6 gig around 33 and 8 gig around 38. All sandisk.
Kingston 4 gig is 28 pounds.
Here

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Amazon.co.uk would be the best.
Sandisk cards 4 gig around 18 pounds.
6 gig around 33 and 8 gig around 38. All sandisk.
Kingston 4 gig is 28 pounds.
Here

you forgot to add that the delivery is £4.50 so the Sandisk 4 gig is really £21.71 i brought my 2 gig kingston micro sd for £12.48 including shipping.

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not interested in the SanDisk SDHC range as I heard they are not as fast as the others. It must show too as their price is £10 cheaper!

Cactuar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered the A-Data 4GB MicroSDHC card from Newegg (36.99+tax, with free 3-day UPS shipping) so I will update when I check out it's performance.

fryfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran across a great a great post about a bunch of SDHC cards on one of the big DS sites.

The funny thing was, the Sandisk 8G (or was it 4G) class 4 card had better speeds than *all* of the others, including the A Data 4G class 6 card. Of course, since Sandisk calls it a class 4, they could lower the speed at any time... but I thought it was interesting.

Maybe someone will recognize that post and link to it.

muggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone's looking for a 2gb Japanese Kingston, you can find one for cheap HERE
for

19.99 - $10 for google checkout = $10 + tax

It has the serial number FCR-MRR+SDC/2GBKR on the buy.com website, and on the package I received, and after looking on the web I thought the KR meant the card was made in Korea or Taiwan. The serial number on the card says SD-CO2G Japan. I purchased the card this last week and it took a little while before they shipped out for some reason, but after they shipped it out it only took a day to get to me.

I received the card today, and it's made in Japan, and games like Castlevania POR run fine on it. Just wanted to share the deal with people.

johnny9562001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered the A-Data 4GB MicroSDHC card from Newegg (36.99+tax, with free 3-day UPS shipping) so I will update when I check out it's performance.

sorry to beat you but ive been having this card, and its amazing ridiculously fast.
here are my specs using a micromate sandisk sd reader

AVG read speed 20mbs
Randoms Access 0.7 (faster than Japanese kingston)
Writes speed AVG 9mbs

absolutely no slowdowns at all in any of my flashcarts, supercard one nor dstt nor m3real

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't actually ordered a SDHC card yet and there's no rush to since my CycloDS from gamersection.ca has finally, after ten days, reached 'Shipped' status! Another 7-10 days and I should hopefully have it.
biggrin.gif
Man, I'll be screwed if it's faulty.

Anyways, so you guys are saying the SanDisk SDHC range aren't as sucky as I've been hearing? If so I might as well buy one (4gb) and sav £10 on a Kingston one! Unless the A-Data ones are just as cheap?

Really, what difference does it make? Is it slower to boot games or something? I don't think I'll ever play Castlevania PoR anyway...

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not interested in the SanDisk SDHC range as I heard they are not as fast as the others. It must show too as their price is £10 cheaper!
However, SCHC is faster than SD at reading and even a class 2 card (like I have) is ample for Castlevania:PoR and other games that need high-speed memory.

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been looking around and from what I've gathered if you're looking for a 6gb microSDHC card then get a SanDisk as they are apparently really fast for a Class 6 (or was it a Class 4?) card.

I'm actually looking for a 4gb microSDHC card tho and the SanDisk seems to have the poorest results in this range. A-Data and Kingston/Toshiba looks top for 4gb and they seem to be the same price (around £30).

I don't know whether to buy the 4gb SanDisk because it's so cheap (£20). I mean it's not that bad, is it? It seems to be as good as SanDisk Ultra II 2gb which is good. Will buying this card noticeably affect my Cyclo's performance?

EDIT: I just checked HandTec today and they're selling Kingston 4gb MicroSDHC cards with a price that totals to just £23.48 with P&P 2-4 days and VAT! That's actually really good!
happy.gif
Only a few more £££ than the SanDisk 4gb. What do you guys think, good deal?

ackers

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well it shouldn't be all that bad, even on slow memory cards, the CycloDS Evolution performs quite well, but expect Real Time Saving to be a pain as well as lag (sometimes quite slight) on games with a lot of action on screen (the one I'm thinking of is Bleach). And obviously the usual warnings that Castlevania probably won't work.
But it is better than the SanDisk 4gb, right? I hope I didn't just buy a card I could've bought cheaper. Besides I wont be playing Bleach, Castlevania or any other games reported to have slowdowns so that's alright. I probably wont use much of RTS either...

mojoex

Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
Been trying to make sense of this for a few days but im still confused.

So basically, Sandisk are like the Goodmans of TV's? Cheap?
What's faster - Class 2, Class 4 or Class 6?
Would i be better buying a 4gb Kingston Class 4 MicroSDHC, or a 4gb Sandisk MicroSDHC (cant find the class number)?
From what i've heard, the Japanese Kingston MicroSDHC's (or is it MicroSD 2gb?) are better, but how do i find out which is Japanese?

I'm really confused here so any help would be awesome
smile.gif

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't actually ordered a SDHC card yet and there's no rush to since my CycloDS from gamersection.ca has finally, after ten days, reached 'Shipped' status! Another 7-10 days and I should hopefully have it.
biggrin.gif
Man, I'll be screwed if it's faulty.
I was just about to order there until I saw the delay - I think I will order elsewhere if it takes that long. What made you choose them over modchipcentral.com? Just curious as I bought my last cart there.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Been trying to make sense of this for a few days but im still confused.

So basically, Sandisk are like the Goodmans of TV's? Cheap?
What's faster - Class 2, Class 4 or Class 6?
Higher class=faster
QUOTE said:
Would i be better buying a 4gb Kingston Class 4 MicroSDHC, or a 4gb Sandisk MicroSDHC (cant find the class number)?
From what i've heard, the Japanese Kingston MicroSDHC's (or is it MicroSD 2gb?) are better, but how do i find out which is Japanese?
You're thinking of Kingston microSD 1GB and 2GB.
QUOTEI'm really confused here so any help would be awesome
smile.gif

Others have said that even a class 2 microSDHC card is fast enough to play all games well. Me personally, I bought the AData class6 4 gb for 36.99. The way I look at it is: You can't be too smart, too pretty or too nice, and your microSDHC card can never be too fast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls