Hacking best microsd for cyclods?

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep. I'd say that if the CycloDS can read the files fast (the game .nds), it'll prevent lag. ...althugh I hardly ever see lag nowadays.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
There are two problem games that somewhat rely on the microSD to determine how well it runs. Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is one, and the other is Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam.

Otherwise, you can really pick any other microSD and it'll run the game just fine.

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's personal choice about what size you want.

Bottom line though, I'd stick with something by Kingston. It gets good reviews all-around, and I can say personally that I've never had any problems with mine.

I'd question the importance of the speed test thing too, because the second MicroSD I picked up was "Made in Taiwan," which is supposed to be slower then those "Made in Japan" and reportedly have problems with Portrait of Ruin. But after I finished griping about it and actually tested it, it worked fine with no lag.

So yeah, just make sure it's Kingston, I'd say.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xanth said:
It's personal choice about what size you want.

Bottom line though, I'd stick with something by Kingston. It gets good reviews all-around, and I can say personally that I've never had any problems with mine.

I'd question the importance of the speed test thing too, because the second MicroSD I picked up was "Made in Taiwan," which is supposed to be slower then those "Made in Japan" and reportedly have problems with Portrait of Ruin. But after I finished griping about it and actually tested it, it worked fine with no lag.

So yeah, just make sure it's Kingston, I'd say.
Right with you brother. I got a Kingston 2GB Taiwan and it never freezes or lags for PoR or Downhill Jam (the "problem games"). Apparently, the difference between Taiwan and Japanese Kingstons are exaggerated, and I'm sure they must be on par with each other by now. Plus, the Kingston Taiwan is smaller so it fits flushly in the Cyclo.
yaynds.gif

Oh and, don't get A-Data, there has been lots of problems with their MicroSDs lately.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kingston/SanDisk are the most reputable MicroSD in the market. They work perfectly (unless you get some fake/bootlegged copy of it).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong