Best micro SDHC Card for Supercard DSTWO where price is of no relevance?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by darktransition, Dec 2, 2012.

?

Best micro SDHC Card for Supercard DSTWO where price is of no relevance?

1. SanDisk Extreme Pro microSDHC 16GB Card

25.0%
  2. SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 32GB Card

50.0%
  3. SanDisk Ultra microSDXC 64GB Card

25.0%
  1. darktransition
    OP

Newcomer darktransition Newbie

Australia
    Just curious as to which micro sd card would be the best for the DSTWO when not considering the price. I work in an electronics store and noticed that Sandisk have released a 16GB microSDHC Extreme Pro which is insanely fast (3 times faster than a standard Class 10) and is advertised as the fastest card on the market. However, the maximum size is 16gb. On the other hand, there is the Sandisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC which is a standard Class 10 with still fairly significant speeds.
    NOW onto the questions:

1. Would the DSTWO benefit from the greatly increased speed?
    2. How many roms/games would a 16gb and 32gb hold? which leads to...
    3. Do you need 32GB or is 16GB enough?
    4. Lastly, which one would you go for, (A) Extreme which is 3 times faster or (B) Ultra which is two times bigger?

P.S: I know that you can use the Sandisk Ultra microSDXC 64GB but that's definitely overkill (least in my view)

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the best results have come from transcend and adata msd cards. i have a few class 6 8 gb transcend cards and i've yet to have an single problem.

remember, class speed is write speed not read speed. gaming requires read speed.

-another world

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    As AW said, class is write speed, not read speed. Write speed matters little for flash carts, as even standard cards can write the save data faster then a retail cart.

I usually recommend people to get A-Data, Transcend, or PNY Class-4 or Class-6. The DS is a limited machine, and sticking a card capable of higher read speeds past a certain point won't get you any gain.

Vulpes Abnocto likes this.
  4. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I will only purchase Transcend Class 6, i've never had any issues using these.

5. codezer0

Member codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    I'm currently using a Sandisk Ultra 32GB in mine, since for once it was both on sale stupidly cheap that week and was in stock when I got it.

Thing is stoopid fast... though at this point, the speed is more appreciable when moving stuff in and out of the microSD than it is on the DStwo.

Also, as far as I know, no DS flashcard supports more than 32GB's anyway. If I'm wrong, well... color me impressed.

6. Deltaechoe

Member Deltaechoe The Dopefish

United States
    Going beyond a class 6 isn't going to do you any practical good and you are wasting your money if you buy it