Best micro sd for Supercard DS one.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dl1955, Dec 28, 2006.

Dec 28, 2006
  1. dl1955
    OP

Newcomer dl1955 Advanced Member

United States
    Hi guys,

Sorry if this have been posted but I can't seem to find a solid answer. From your testing what is the BEST card for the DS One?
    thanks!

2. Paralel

Newcomer Paralel Advanced Member

United States
    It makes sense, from a specification standpoint, to use the Sandisk Ultra II MicroSD card as it transfers at the current maximum of 10 MB/s while reading and the near maximum of 9 MB/s for writing.

3. aslacker55

Member aslacker55 I like pie

United States
    Well I use a kingston 1gb micro sd for my SCDS 1 and I keep the speed setting on 4.
    So far every game I've tried, ran without anylag, even Castlevania POR works without freezing on me. I also tried my A-DATA 1 gb micro sd and it had alot stuttering/ freezing problems, so my advice would be to use the kingston 1gb micro sd for the SCDS 1.

4. glitchbit

Member glitchbit GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wish I could find the link but someone had tested several microSD cards in one of the many devices out there and it included sandisk normal and Ultra II and kingston and some others. If I remember right on average the kingston was rated 7/10 for most tests and games they did.The Ultra II was the only one given 10/10 consistently with no detectable lag, and the normal sandisk was rated 9/10. So for the price I stayed with the normal Sandisk 1gb.

5. NeroMayCry

Newcomer NeroMayCry Member

^ But was the test for Supercard DS(ONE)? This slot-1 solution works near perfectly with Kingston 1 GB in comparison to other types.

6. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
  7. ambitous21

Member ambitous21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    would there be a difference, say Sandisk 1gig microSD and Sandisk 512MB microSD? or even the 256MB?
    how about Kingston 1G, 512MB, 256MB?

is it bad if you choose a smaller memory?

8. Paralel

Newcomer Paralel Advanced Member

United States
    One thing I would be interested in is a utility that defragments everything (files, MFT, etc...) on a flash card so it is all continuous. If you did this after adding roms you could really speed up the card since fragmentation leads to lag (and reading, as far as I know, doesn't lead to fragmentation, it's only writing)

9. dl1955
    OP

Newcomer dl1955 Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks for the great info guys!! Just bought a kingston 1 gig and a sandisk 1 gig. Guess I'll be heading out to get an ultra II 1gig also..

10. pte

Member pte GBAtemp Regular

Someone should try those A-Datas as well, they are damn fast and also cheap. I use one 1gig model for my SCL without any trouble.