Best micro sd card

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by joebloe738, Dec 21, 2007.

1. joebloe738
    OP

joebloe738 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2007
    United States
    I was wondering what is the best 1gb micro sd card, compatibility/speed wise. I was thinking the Kingston made in Japan.

2. nuttynelly32

nuttynelly32 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2007
    ive been using a kingston with m3 simply no probs at all.............

3. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    You are correct.
    The Japanese Kingston brand microSDs are said to be the best.

4. nds_gamerz

nds_gamerz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2007
    United States
    if you check this forum specifically you will find a guy pointing you to a 2g microsd that is only 18 bucks unbranded. japanese made quality. i've already bought about 4 of them and they were all japanese made. one actually came to me as a toshiba microsd.

5. Krell999

Krell999 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2007
    Personally, I've tried Kingston and Sandisk MicroSDs (Euro and Japanese versions) and haven't noticed any difference between them. They were all class 4 memory though. For those who don't know, "class" is the performance rating, so the higher the better. My personal rule of thumb is always go for class 4 or better as it is a good compromise for cost and performance.

Most MicroSD cards tend to be class 2 in Europe and the US, but I suspect Japanese versions tend to be class 4 hence their reputation.

I've heard Toshiba's class 4 are very good if you can get hold of them, a slightly better sustained through put than other manufacturer's class 4s.

Krell