Hacking Best method to uninstall WiiWare wads?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was finally able to get some WiiWare wads installed on the system using WAD Manager (changed from IOS249 to 250, which worked), but of course, the system is so limited in terms of space. I'll probably have to remove games often to make room for new ones, since I don't yet have a USB drive/HD. Before I do uninstall anything, though, I wanted to ask if I can uninstall using the Wii Menu, or should I find a method via the HBC to remove games from the system?

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can uninstall it through WAD Manager if you still have the wad file, or you could just do it through the data management in the Wii settings. I've deleted channels with both methods, and I really don't think it makes a difference which you do, but I guess uninstalling the WAD is a more complete uninstall. If it makes any difference in space, it probably only saves like one block doing it this way.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Removing through system menu will leave some files on nand. For a total unninstall:

If you still have the wads you installed just run Wad Manager again, choose it and choose Unninstall WAD.

If you don't have it anymore use anytitledeleter mod to fully delete it from NAND.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Bladexdsl said:
just delete the channel using the official method it works fine that's how i've always done it.

This is fine if you don't ever plan on using the channel again. If you plan on reinstalling in the future, it will not let you because there are still files left over from the previous install. It's best to just do it through WAD manager from the beginning.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure I use 1.5, and have reinstalled Paper Mario, Megaman 9, and a few other WADs after deleting them through Data Management. I've done the same for forwarder channels too, like the Wiiflow forwarder. It must have been in a pretty old version of WAD Manager that you HAD to uninstall iit that way.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
For clarification:

Uninstalling through the SM leaves a ticket behind. That's how the system recognizes if you've played a game before or not (back in the Twilight Hack days)

Uninstalling through the WM leaves nothing behind on the system. Maybe a byte or two, though; we still don't know everything about the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it