VassagoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Long time lurker here from my Wii days. I'm experienced with flashing phones, the Wii, and such, and installed chips in multiple ps2s, but not with 3ds. I have two New 3ds XLs brand new:

Hyrule edition on 9.9-26u
Pikachu edition (Singapore version) on 11.1-34u

I have set up nothing, they are brand new. I only went through the first screens to get the system software versions. If I understand correctly following the guide, my best option is to install a9lh and luma on the Hyrule following the browser guide, then transfer that to the Pikachu. Is that right or should I use another method?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
You're on the correct path.
You have to buy a compatible game on the 9.9 console once you finish to hack the other one.

VassagoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, awesome! So because the Pikachu edition of the New XL has US system software, it will work just fine, right?

One the hyrule is fine, I should upgrade and then but one of the dsiware games that allow homebrew launching? There are so many options, what's usually preferred?

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, awesome! So because the Pikachu edition of the New XL has US system software, it will work just fine, right?

One the hyrule is fine, I should upgrade and then but one of the dsiware games that allow homebrew launching? There are so many options, what's usually preferred?
Are they on the same region?Because if they arnt then the pikachu new 3ds xl would require you to use wait hax because the method you are talking about states on the guide "Both systems MUST be from the same region."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I saw this on the guide when I was reading it over and then saw this post.

VassagoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by region, you mean the system software, I believe so. I think Singapore/Malaysia systems are US region, correct?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Just a heads up before everything else.

1. Go here 3ds.guide
2. Hack first the v9.9 one.
3. Once a9lh is installed, proceed with the pikachu one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

VassagoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...

All variations of sysUpdater, not just sysDowngrader, have a very small chance of causing a “soft brick” once the downgrade is complete and the device reboots. This will cause the system to boot directly to the Nintendo error screen instructing users to power off the device.

The guide says there is a "very small" change of getting a soft brick. I think I did. I even formatted before! How screwed am I? The only option is really to install 11.2 now? From there I have no recourse right?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So...

All variations of sysUpdater, not just sysDowngrader, have a very small chance of causing a “soft brick” once the downgrade is complete and the device reboots. This will cause the system to boot directly to the Nintendo error screen instructing users to power off the device.

The guide says there is a "very small" change of getting a soft brick. I think I did. I even formatted before! How screwed am I? The only option is really to install 11.2 now? From there I have no recourse right?
What happened? Are you getting the "An Error Has Occurred" screen on boot after downgrading to 9.2?

HuskyXD

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So...

all your hacking needs are on this site: https://3ds.guide/

VassagoX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happened? Are you getting the "An Error Has Occurred" screen on boot after downgrading to 9.2?

Yep. It went straight to that after rebooting after I started the downgrade process. Now when I power it on I get black screens. When I power it off it gives me the normal power off screen.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
all your hacking needs are on this site: https://3ds.guide/
They've already been following the guide (he even quoted it in that post). Just posting a link like that isn't helping anyone.

Yep. It went straight to that after rebooting after I started the downgrade process. Now when I power it on I get black screens. When I power it off it gives me the normal power off screen.
Take out the SD card and try to boot.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.