Hacking Best method for GC backups?

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can load GC backups through the disc channel with something I installed a long time ago (can't remember what it is now, it may have been something that came with CIOS). It autoboots games without giving an option of choosing a region or anything. Also, some games I had didn't work.

I just realized there's another method of booting GC games. GC Backup Launcher 0.2. I tried it and now many of my games that didn't work before are working perfectly. I didn't install the MIOS that came with it though, I just used the launcher.

Are there any other GC launchers out there? Or is GC Backup Launcher the king?

Also, I noticed some games like Disney Extreme Skate Adventure are missing the background audio. I'm sure this is an issue with many other games too. Any way to fix this or is there a launcher that can play it fully?

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is.
Make a GCoS disc
wink.gif

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With WiiUI Toolset? I just tried using that to patch it with the audio fix, burned it and still no background music.

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't think so, it's just a ISO file. Only thing you will need is a method to play backups, Soft or Hard-mod
wink.gif

Luriden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I give up, it can't be done. I tried using that GCOS disc. I go to boot disc, put the game in, pressed A, and it says "Drive 20070213 OK!" and sends me back to the main GCOS menu. It's an endless loop.

How come WiiGator and everyone stopped working on GC? IMO there were more worthwhile GC games than Wii games at this point, they should try to push this to its full potential.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried launching the game using all of the different relevant button options available? I thought I read that one was more compatible with streaming audio.

Is the image wiped and do you get noise instead of background audio, or nothing at all? Either way, have you tried fstfix with the S option on it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c