Hacking Best media player for 360?

Mantis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The few times I've asked about this, I've usually been told to just stream it using the functions already available, but I don't like having to keep my computer switched on to play a film, etc, or the limited functionality of Windows Media Centre. I've searched Google a lot of times and heard about some homebrew that allows playback up to 720p, although I'm not sure why 1080p isn't supported since I hear an Xbox 1 can be modded to run at 720p and play with XBMC. So, any recommendations for the 360 to play AVI/MKV/etc videos and also any FTP clients for the 360? I'm not asking about an FTP client for connecting to my 360 using my PC. Rather, I'd like to use a client to download data from a server to my 360, instead of tediously transferring to my PC and then to my 360.

Thanks as always!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There was some project for a media player but I've never heard of it again.

The 360 in terms of homebrew was never great.
I hoped that with the release of the RGH, Homebrew would pick up it's pass but nope.

Mantis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's great news, ploggy. I never used MPlayer but it's great to see that XviD and h.264 should play out of the box, and MKV files. Also, that multi-emulator homebrew is very interesting. Thanks for the heads-up.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U