Best Mass-Scale Combat/ Beat em Up game?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by BigMichaelK, Jul 5, 2008.

Jul 5, 2008
  1. BigMichaelK
    OP

Newcomer BigMichaelK Newbie

United States
    HI right now I have the Dynasty Warriors game for DS. I am not satisified with it . I've never been a big fan of Dynasty Warriors. My favorite mass-scale combat game is the kingdom under fire series. I'm looking for a DS mass-scale combat/beat em up game...please help me out. Give me any names of an good DS beat em up, Mass-scael combat, or anything in between games for the DS please.

2. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    You and me both, brother. I love Mass-Scale combat, but the closest thing you are going to get on the DS is probably a turn-based game like Advance Wars. I'm not confident the DS can handle the large-scale battles like in Dynasty Warrior or Kingdom Under Fire.

3. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    I'm not sure if Jump Ultimate Stars fits in this but it's a good fighting game. Try it if you haven't already.

4. Private|Par

Australia
    Yeah, I forgot about the other games you were looking for. Beat-Em-Ups are far and few on the DS, but Jump! Ultimate Stars is a brilliant fighting game if you are a fan of Shoen Jump anime, and the same goes for Bleach: Blade of Fate. But to get that something extra out of these titles, you really need to be a fan of the source material.

EDIT: Just remembered one of my favorite DS titles of all time, Glory Days 2. It's basically 2D Battlefield 2, definitely worth a try.

5. bumjeans

Member bumjeans GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    ah yeah Glory Days 2 is awesome, I love flying in low and just carpet bombing a bunch of tanks. A truely unique game.

6. Private|Par

Australia
    Hell yeah, bumjeans. That game is really unappreciated.