webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
Hello all,

For Christmas I got a HDTV and some component cables for my Wii.
I went into the settings and changed it to 480p,
and I must say some of the games (like Ookami) looks great.

So, for any one else that uses Wii component cables,
which game do you think makes the most use of it and/or
which game looks the best to you?

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the Nintendo AAA staple titles use it fantastically. Beyond that though it really depends. The World at War COD game looks pretty nice as does it's counterpart MOH Heroes 2. Final Fantasy isn't exactly high end, nor is Godfather but they look great too, but also the simple Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection looks truly sharp.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dagreenone said:
Resident Evil 4 (Capcom) looks fantastic in 480p, not to mention it was the best looking game on the gamecube, so of course the wii version wouldn't disappoint.

I don't know........it looks good, but it really seems to run at a much lower resolution.
You can clearly see every pixel and they look like clearly visible little square dots.
It's a great game and still good looking by all means, but I think the original poster was looking for something more sharp and visually more advanced, to properly appreciate his new tv.
I found out that even a dated game like House of the Dead 3, although has very low polygon count, it manages to me smooth and crisp with vibrant colors and smooth edges ( and it's not by N, and not even original for the Wii ).
Also Harry potter seems to run at a higher resolution, and so it is with Tomb Raider Anniversary Metroid Prime 3.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
On 480p I notice a big difference in RE: Darkside Chronicles, POP: Rival Swords, Metroid Prime 3, Fatal Frame 4 and also Tomb Raider : Underworld. They all look great in 480p. The new Monkey Ball is surpringly crisp too. Of course, all the Nintendo titles look great as well.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some good looking 3rd party games I can think of are Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Dead Space: Extraction (A little on the dark side though), The Conduit, MadWorld, and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (It's just a golf game but it's still clean and smooth looking).

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The Wii doesn't have any HD games.. you can make some of them look amazing with Dolphin though
happy.gif
. I suggest if you have a good PC (quad core, or good dual core like e8400 overclocked, nice gpu (gtx 260 or better)) to test out dolphin connected to ur HDTV with NSMB Wii in 720p. @_@

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twilight Princess is all jagged and weird unless you stand waaay back. For some reason, SMG looks pretty crappy too. CoD4, though, is really clear, and not blurry or jagged at all. Same with The Conduit.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI 480p is not HD, in fact it's Standard Definition. HD is 720p+. True HD is 1080p.

480p is actually pretty pathetic and is the reason people say wii's graphics sucks (not that I mind)

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pyrofyr said:
FYI 480p is not HD, in fact it's Standard Definition. HD is 720p+. True HD is 1080p.

480p is actually pretty pathetic and is the reason people say wii's graphics sucks (not that I mind)

FYI 480p is EDTV, not SDTV, google it and see the difference.
Not that I mind either, but since I got my new PC and I run every game on it ( old and new ) at 1680x1050 native resolution of my 22' monitor, I can't get used to the jaggies on my Wii, so I only play exclusive titles on it..............I should really try to get dolphin to work, but I hate incomplete/choppy emulation.....maybe in a few years...

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Implied since he needed an 'HDTV' to change it.

Oh and I'm aware it's 'more' technically EDTV, but it's still Standard Definition. The same way 720p is still HD even though it's not full HD, 1080p is.

In any case as most things Nintendo, most games made by them look great in 480p, you might find a few diamonds in the rough from other devs that look good too.

It would be on the back of the case whether it's 480p or not

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome