Best Kirby games for NDS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rayder, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2011

Best Kirby games for NDS? by Rayder at 5:56 PM (1,246 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Rayder
    OP

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I know there are 3 already released in the (U) region, with another coming later, but of the 3 out now, which are the best? Which is the worst?

My friend's kid has a birthday coming up and she asked for a Kirby game, but she didn't say which one. She has no flashcart and so I'd need to get her legit carts.

Now, you guys should know by now that I consider games like these far too cutesy for my tastes, so I wouldn't know the good ones from the bad. I figure that since they've been out a while, I might get her the 2 best ones since I could probably get them cheap used. But I haven't a clue about these games at all.

So if you guys could give me some suggestions, that would be great. Maybe a breakdown of what makes each good or bad would be helpful. Remember to stick to the already released ones in the (U) region.

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    For classic Kirby plus tons of minigames, Kirby Super Star Ultra is great. It has different game modes that have different mechanics, but it teaches you how to play each one.

Kirby Squeak Squad (I think that was the name) is just plain Kirby. Nothing really special.

Kirby Mass Attack is basically Pikmin Kirby. Really easy to play too (just use the stylus, no buttons)

EDIT: Oh whoops, (U).

3. Wombo Combo

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
    Kirby Super Star Ultra and Kirby Squeak Squad are by far the best 2 i still play them to date.

4. ZPE

Member ZPE GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I go with the KSSU recommendations. [​IMG]

5. bahamut920

Member bahamut920 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I agree with Kirby Super Star Ultra, although none of the Kirby games for the DS are bad. Even Canvas Curse, the worst of the three, has its charm.

6. Rayder
    OP

United States
    So Canvas Curse is the worst one of the 3 already in America? I'm only asking because it hasn't been mentioned yet.

EDIT: heh, it got mentioned.

OK, thanks guys! I'll go look for SSU and Squeak Squad. There are a couple Mom & Pop type shops around here that have games cheaper than Gamestop, so I'm gonna go look around.

7. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Yeah, pretty much.

8. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Kirby Superstar Ultra, definitely

9. rehevkor

Member rehevkor GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Agree on Kirby Super Star Ultra, easy to pick up and put down, just generally fun. It's lots of small (and some not so small) games in one.

Couldn't get into Canvas Curse, it's just.. wrong.

10. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    in order my list goes

kirby super star ultra
    kirby squeak squad
    kirby canvas curse

dont know where kirby mass attack goes in the list(probably get an idea after i beat it)

oh since its a gift get super star ultra it has the highest replay value of the three in my opinion

11. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Canvas Curse isn't a standard kirby game (like how Mario Party isn't a standard mario platforming game).

Of the two left I'm split. Super Star Ultra is essentially an enhanced port of the SNES game so if he's played that he won't have as much fun, but it does have more to do than Squeak Squad (which is a more standard platform game).

12. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    In descending order:

4.Canvas Curse
    3.Mass Attack
    2.Squeak Squad
    1.Super Star Ultra

13. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    Sorry to bump quite an old thread.

But I wanted to give my two cents.

I loved Kirby Squeak Squad to death. It isn't too hard, but not too easy either. I'd totally suggest picking that one up.

I cannot comment on Canvas Curse since I never played it, but I can totally say I had no fun playing Super Star Ultra. Seemed... unkirby like to me.

But Kirby Squeak Squad should be perfect for a kid.Not much of a story, and totally cute, and easy to understnad without reading(Unlike a game like Pokemon).

So, I'd totally recommend that Squeak Squad.

14. Rayder
    OP

United States
    Well, I got her Squeak Squad and her dad got her Super Star Ultra, so she should like at least one of them, if not both. The local shop we got them at had SS for $8 and SSU for $12, so we just bought both.

I'm gonna close this thread as there is no longer a use for it. Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.