best horizontal and vertical shooter SNES games?

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I looked at the Essentials for the SNES but i can't pick out the all the horizontal and vertical shooters.

What are the best best horizontal and vertical shooters for the SNES?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a list I found in 10 seconds of Googling.

SNES Titles
Side Scrolling Shooter

BioMetal

Blazeon

Darius Twin

Earth Defense Force

Gradius 3

Phalanx

R-Type 3

Super Nova

Super R-Type

Thunder Spirits

UN Squadron

Xardion

Hope that helps you.
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
One of my favourite horizontal shooters on the SNES was always Gradius 3 and another is Parodius. R-Type 3 is also pretty good but not really my type of shooter.

If you want a really good shoot em up go for Super Smash TV, one of my favourite blasters on any system. It's not a horizontal or vertical shooter though, it's an run around and shoot game with 8-way shotting. Awesome game.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
One of my favourite horizontal shooters on the SNES was always Gradius 3 and another is Parodius. R-Type 3 is also pretty good but not really my type of shooter.

If you want a really good shoot em up go for Super Smash TV, one of my favourite blasters on any system. It's not a horizontal or vertical shooter though, it's an run around and shoot game with 8-way shotting. Awesome game.

I only played the original on the NES. I can see how it would be superior to the NES version. Fun game though

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
TLSpartan said:
TrolleyDave said:

I only played the original on the NES. I can see how it would be superior to the NES version. Fun game though

Which game?

Skyler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The best Vertical 2D shooter is proberly Super Aleste (called Space Megaforce in USA).
It's like an older brother of Gun Nac on the NES with similar power-ups etc, but in the more hard-core Super Aleste you're not fighting giant robot bunnies and stuff.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: