Best homebrew for reading comic books and/or manga on the DS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Getting_Better, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Getting_Better
    OP

Newcomer Getting_Better Advanced Member

Canada
    Hi!
    I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question, but what is the best homebrew for reading comic books and/or manga on the DS?
    I have a DSTT, and I tried ComicbookDS, and it simply confused me.

2. btags

Newcomer btags Member

United States
    how did it confuse you? could you not get it to work? If not i could help because i think comicbookds is the best for comics/manga on ds.

3. choconado

Member choconado Doesn't understand a damn thing on here

United States
    What confuses you about CBDS? It seems super user-friendly to me. You open up your library, and boom, there's all your books on file. You select the book to read, and it opens up, with the thumbnail/gallery on the touch screen (depending on how you prefer) and the closer image on the top screen.

Now, I prefer to read my stuff "book" style, that is, I'll hit the L button, and turn the images sideways, holding the DS like a book with the touch screen on the left. You can set the zoom of the image with the x and y buttons, and move the zoomed portion with the arrows. When you get to the bottom right of the page, you continue to hit down or right, and it automatically goes to the next page. Aversely, by going past the page to the upper left, you can go back.

Easy.

4. Getting_Better
    OP

Canada
    I'm not sure where you put CBDS files in the SD card. In the root or in a folder?

5. btags

Newcomer btags Member

United States
    all you have to do is put the folder named cbds on the root and then put the .nds file anywhere. Also, make sure you download pictods, here, which is a program that converts pictures (or folders of pictures) into .cbds files. If you need any more help just PM me.

6. Getting_Better
    OP

Canada
    Oh my gosh it works! [​IMG] Now I can finally finish the Othello manga and start on Black Jack and whatnot...
    What a fantastic homebrew!
    Thank you!

7. btags

Newcomer btags Member

United States
    no problem, enjoy it!