Best Homebrew for GBA

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Schizoanalysis, Jun 23, 2009.

Jun 23, 2009

Best Homebrew for GBA by Schizoanalysis at 12:10 PM (2,436 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Schizoanalysis
    OP

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    I have been reading alot referencing homebrew for GBA (after researching EZ Flash carts), but have not managed to find any references to any good homebrew apps.

Has anyone got any recommendations? More so for use on the GBM rather than on the NDS/L (which has ample homebrew anyway).

[​IMG]

Regards.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I plan to move to GBA for the GBAtemp recommends! homebrew posts shortly but there is a great deal of good homebrew. You will probably be lacking for actual apps like the DS has but for games there are a great deal of them.
    Afraid I am going to have to post and dash though but checking out
    http://www.pdroms.de/files/gameboyadvance/Games/?page=1
    is well worth it.

3. ZER∅

Banned ZER∅ Banned

United States
  4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    There's lots of emulators for various systems (I use PocketNES, Goomba Color, SNES Advance, and Snezziboy the most), some decent games (Herg's Solitaire, Herg's Yahtzee, Luminesweeper, Lockjaw, SFCave), text viewers (GB Book Reader), image displayers (GBA JPEG Viewer), video converters (Meteo), text editors (DanTE Advance), and others that I can't remember at the moment. Oh, and WinS, which has a few games built-in.

5. Schizoanalysis
    OP

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    Thanks for the suggestions! Am downloading now -- reading text on the GBM screen sounds like a good way to kill your eyes -- but I am strangely drawn to the idea... cool

[​IMG]