Best Homebrew Cart

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by enclave_10147, Jan 28, 2007.

Jan 28, 2007

Best Homebrew Cart by enclave_10147 at 10:16 PM (862 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. enclave_10147
    OP

Newcomer enclave_10147 Newbie

United States
    Hey guys I'm looking to play some homebrew games (namely Doom DS) on my DS. I was wondering what was the cart that had the best homebrew compatibility. I'm currently working with an R4 but that doesnt support much homebrew.

2. N3CR0P57

Newcomer N3CR0P57 Advanced Member

Canada
    The R4 supports more and more homebrew everyday. Developers just need to ensure their code is DLDI compatible.
    As for DSDoom, just patch with the aforementioned DLDI for R4 and play away. Most compatible? I'd be willing to bet all the Slot 1 & 2 cards have their own issues, but slot 2 is probably more compatible.

3. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Well, you can patch Doom DS to support R4, but I want to answer your question. The card with the best homebrew compatibility is SuperCard CF, tightly followed by it's SD revision. Due to SC's worse performance in other aspects, I would recommend M3 Perfect Lite, which is almost as good as SuperCard homebrew-vise, if not the same.

But if you really just want to play Doom, you can do that on your R4, of course.

4. jeklnoo

Member jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    too bad SC:CF got discontinued [​IMG]
    at least I got one real cheap right before they went away [​IMG]