Best Homebrew and Homebrew setups for Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Drcreek, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Drcreek
    OP

Drcreek Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2013
    Uddevalla, Sweden
    So,

I've hacked my Wii U and got it to run Homebrew.

So now what?

What's your favourite apps and hacks and why?

2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    RetroArch Wii, it provides Snes, NES, Genesis, GBA, PC-E/Turbo Grafx 16, CPS1/CPS2, MAME, etc emulation, all without relying on frameskip, in other words, consoles like Snes run full speed. Yes, even Star Fox, Seiken Densetsu 3 and Yoshi's Island. It's one of the best, if not, the best emulator for the Wii :D Install Joostinonline's homebrew channel forwarder bypasses the Wii U's 4:3 ratio bull crap when running Wii mode, but I mostly use the emulator :P People hate the GUI because it's not good enough, but that doesn't matter, performance is top notch. Even many GBA games run full speed now.

3. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 5, 2010
    Canada
    The best homebrew going (IMHO) are Mario Kart CTGP, SSBB Project M, and Newer Super Mario Bros. All solid games, all custom modified by fans. Perhaps game mods as extensive as those don't count as true homebrew, but they do in my book.

XDel likes this.
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle

They're definitely homebrew, I mod Brawl all the time with characters I import from other games, as well as custom-loop music on my own :D