Gaming Best Half Life mod by your opinion

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, what is the half life/ half life 2 mod that you most enjoyed.

Please don't post the following:
-CS or CS:S
-Garry's mod
-balck mesa, this hasn't been released yet so you can be saying that it's the greatest.

If you are in a tie between 2 or 3 then just post them. You can post multiplayer or singleplayer game and beta's.

For me, I think it's a tie between:
-SMOD: because it's just awsome. The combination of the combine's improved AI and your extra weapons (i.e: bannana grenades, suction bomb, etc) make a perfict combination.

-Riot act: This is just awesome.

-and finaly Hidden source

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ferrariman said:
Team Fortress 2.

what.
dam it, I knew I forgot one. ok, so no TF2.
lecture.gif

Phynx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Talking actual Half Life mods, I'd say Day of Defeat. So many lost hours....
smile.gif

It's a shame they make you pay for that now, lucky just registering my old HL copy to steam gave it to me. I'd have been pissed if they made me buy it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They Hunger. The best zombie game until I played Left 4 Dead at the weekend.

Anyone knows what happened to the HL2 mod, They Hunger: Lost Souls? Not heard anything about that for ages.

I also really enjoyed Wanted, it made me wish for more Western FPS games.

Not played any HL2 mods at all, just never had the time and my PC died recently (using a pentium II laptop now lol) so I'm gonna have to wait until I get a new one in a few months.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Do you have to pay to play all these mods?
for the mods no, but you do have to pay for Half Life or Half life 2.(they are definly worth it) You can ether buy the orange box(this is for HL2) or just buy it apart (for both). But theis mods are definaly free except for the ones that steam bought. Dam them.

I loved the game, eternal silence, that was by far the funnest multiplayer mod I've ever played but there's are no more servers that have anyone playing so I quit. That game was an awesome version of Star War Battle Front
grog.gif
Ant one here still play it?

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there is Insurgency, but I didn't like it much. However, the design on the guns were very appealing.

My favorites are Synergy, SMOD, and Hidden: Source.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember playing a wild west themed mod (it came as part of a half life 1 pack I found in EB/game or whatever they were at the time).
I was mainly playing it as it had bots and no others did but the guns on there were different to what I was used to at the time:
no sniper rifles
no sensible automatic or even burst fire weapons (I recall a cannon of sorts with automatic fire).
hardly any ammo in a magazine
most were bolt action or similar (there was one rifle) meaning you had to choose your shots carefully (how many of you think nothing of wasting half a magazine to kill someone).
reloading could well take 5 seconds or more.
accuracy at range was to be laughed at.

These features and several other things made for a very interesting game.
This being said I have yet to complete half life or and of the sequels but I think I played team fortress once or twice (no internet so local network only and given there was only three of us....), counterstrike on the original xbox (I got mine with 20 odd games and it was one of the, oh damn I have a copy of every good one in the shop).
I played portal if that counts.
I recall a amped up version of the original half life multiplayer.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never played any unofficial mods for more than a few days really. Except for the one, Dystopia, that was pretty damn good.

Other than that, I remember playing a couple of okayish ones:
Zombie Panic!: Source
Hidden: Source

Hidden's pretty cool, but bloody hard. Especially when the people who play it are very much a hardcore niche who've played it an awful lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: