Best h@rdw@re thingy

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Surexius, Nov 23, 2007.

Nov 23, 2007

Best h@rdw@re thingy by Surexius at 11:03 PM (900 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Surexius
    OP

Newcomer Surexius Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    *I appolgise in advnce on my keyboard the letter prior to b in the alphebet is not working so Im forced into to using the symbol '@' for substitution.* Sinkhead Edit: Fxed for easy reading [​IMG]

Im tottally new to the likes of devices such es the R4DS. So much so that I dont even know whet they are called.

My question is this Im looking for the best one on the market that will allow me to play both DS and gameboy advance games. My Friend currently has the R4DS, is it the best for this purpose. I've read some of the reviews nd the detail involved is imense. all I want it to do for me is let me play games save the games so my progress isn't lost and poosibly watch some anime or the like on my DS as well. aslo can the DS chip allow you to play GBa games? How large can you have the memory stick for the (R4DS like devices) can you use a memory stick with a large ammount of space or does it havbe to be a specific size? Do all devices work on the Europain (I think its differnt to the american) version?

I have a DS light and live in Northern Ireland so need the best compatable device!

as I said total newbie with a very annoying keyboard. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

¬Surexius¬

2. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    I recommend the R4 for NDS games and the Ewin Expansion Pack for GBA. The Ewin is pretty nifty. You keep your GBA games on the MicroSD memory card in the R4 (DS slot) and when you want to play a GBA game it copies it from the memory card in the DS slot to the expansion pack in the GBA slot.
    It has to do this because it is impossible to play GBA games from a flashcart that goes in the DS slot (slot-1).
    The R4 is cheap, has 100% compatibility, is easy to use, it widely available. The Ewin expansion pack is also cheap, and although it's not widely available it's really good. I've got a review of it here. You have to buy the Ewin from PSXBOY, most of the other dealers in my signature sell R4s...

- Sam

3. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
  4. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    i recomend a new keyboard before anything else

5. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I second third the R4DS+EZ-Flash 3-in-1.
    Only thing is R4 doesn't (and IIRC won't) work with MicroSDHC cards. (MicroSD cards above 2gB)

6. Surexius
    OP

Newcomer Surexius Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Thanx guys also for the editing. That was a nightmare to write I had to go back and try to substitute in all the a's with @'s!

*Surexius is at buddies house hence the ability to write a's.....and spell incorrectly

7. j5c077

Member j5c077 dood

United States
    [​IMG]