Hacking Best guide for downgrade and a9lh for a New 3DS?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im confused about the term they are using "RedNAND"??
does the term RedNAND same as EmuNAND?
RedNAND is homebrew implementation of Emulated NAND not related to Gateway's version.
EmuNAND is actually a shorter way of saying GW EmuNAND as a lot of people refer to Gateway's as EmuNAND.

they are different but they do the same thing, which is to provide an Emulated NAND.

Last edited by driverdis,
Reactions: noctis90210

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RedNAND is homebrew version of Emulated NAND not related to Gateway's version.
EmuNAND is actually a shorter way of saying GW EmuNAND as a lot of people refer to Gateway's as EmuNAND.

they are different but they do the same thing, which is to provide an Emulated NAND.
What do you mean by homebrew version of the nand? And most people still call their redNAND "emunand" GW or not.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by homebrew version of the nand? And most people still call their redNAND "emunand" GW or not.

I fixed my post, Home Implementation is a better fit. also, it is confusing that RedNAND users would use EmuNAND as a term along with Gateway's EmuNAND users as that makes it hard to find out what type of Emulated NAND they have unless you ask.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed my post, Home Implementation is a better fit. also, it is confusing that RedNAND users would use EmuNAND as a term along with Gateway's EmuNAND users as that makes it hard to find out what type of Emulated NAND they have unless you ask.
Still confused as to what you mean sorry. Do you mean that you can only create a redNAND through the use of a homebrew application?
Imo, saying you have emuNAND is a general term used to indicate you have a form of emuNAND whether that be redNAND or GW emuNAND. And many times it doesn't matter as they're very similar in what they do. In fact there isn't anything other than their sizes that make them any different from one another.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So just to be sure: Is it perfectly safe to do Plailects guide on a N3DS using my existing GW emuNAND??

I'd skip Part 3 of the Guide (Setting up CFW) and start with Part 4. My N3DS is on sysNAND 9.2.0.

Red46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
This is the best guide. I had read nothing about 3ds hacking before I bought it, except informing myself if I had to avoid a specific firmware. I was basically as green as you could be. After I got my 3ds, I immediately started to follow that guide and whilst I didn't really know what he was talking about I managed to complete it without bricking anything. Double and triple check everything if necessary and, don't question what's written in the guide, accept it as truth and, you'll be fine. A9LH risks are overrated.

Elton D. Tiglao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys pls help me
As I was downgrading emunand to 2.2 in the middle of the process is says:
0004013800000002 (NFIRM): v.00000 > v.03553 FAIL
You should be able to use recovery to fix...
can u tell what mistake i did?
Note: I have installed the patched agb_firm but i cannot find the original one
thanks

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
OP
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes. RedNAND is a type of emuNAND. Unless you have a n3ds with a 1.8 gb. nand, don't worry about it.

RedNAND is homebrew implementation of Emulated NAND not related to Gateway's version.

So if I do this on an old 3DS where I already have a GW EmuNAND set, say that I created for rxTools and in the end of the process, on a step where we copy EmuNAND to SysNAND and then install a9lh, I should have no problem?

Edit: Sorry, missed geheim's post, anyway, basically same question.

guys pls help me
As I was downgrading emunand to 2.2 in the middle of the process is says:
0004013800000002 (NFIRM): v.00000 > v.03553 FAIL
You should be able to use recovery to fix...
can u tell what mistake i did?
Note: I have installed the patched agb_firm but i cannot find the original one
thanks

Were you following Plailect's guide? If so there is a troubleshoot page: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/2.1.0-Downgrade-(Repeated-Failure)

Last edited by pustal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over