Hardware Best grip for phat Vita? Worth it to get one with L2/R2?

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a phat Vita that I just got and I was wondering which grip is best? I have seen ones with L2 + R2, and other than PS4 remote play (I don't have a PS4, but I do have a PS3), is there any use for those extra buttons? Don't some emulators use those? Is there a grip that has the extra buttons plus an extended battery?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got 3 grips

1 is the shitty rubbery one for $5 from amazon, and it's a waste of 5 bucks to be honest
https://www.amazon.ca/HDE-Trigger-H...UTF8&qid=1481942329&sr=8-1&keywords=vita+grip

I've got the l2 r2 grip from play-asia, and if you're not doing remote play, save your money. it's not great except for remote play, then it's pretty great

the best one is this one (imo)https://www.amazon.ca/CTA-CTAVITHG-...UTF8&qid=1481942329&sr=8-2&keywords=vita+grip

the longer, thinner handles make it VERY comfortable to use, without making it heavy

it's very solid

there's a nyko version that also contains a battery, but to be honest, I've never put 5+ hours in a session on my vita ever, so didn't see the point

afaik there is no l2/r2 grip that also has a battery

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want the grip from Play Asia with L2 + R2 mostly for PS1 games viaRetroArch PCSX, but I read there was a way to do Remote Play with pretty much any PS3 games (unofficially).

I like that one also because it covers the who system, and I was lucky to get a Vita recently (that I loaded taiHENkaku on) that was in flawless condition, so I wanna protect it, and have the extra buttons at the same time.

How comfy is it? Some reviews suggest that it gets uncomfortable after a while.

Last edited by XC-3730C,

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How comfy is it? Some reviews suggest that it gets uncomfortable after a while.
it's ok? it's pretty flimsy to be honest. I don't trust that it would last a long time if you're putting it on, and removing it fairly often. it's not nearly as comfortable as the long arm one i posted previously, but it's much better than the naked vita

if that makes sense

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no plans to remove that one from Play-Asia once on. The other you reccomend doesn't look so appealing physically, and makes the Vita much less portable, in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, that one slips on and off very easily tho.

It's very comfortable. To each their own tho, so it's nice there's a few options.

I like having both

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended