Best GBA ROM cartridge (and best source)?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Thelucario21, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Thelucario21
    OP

Thelucario21 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2014
    United States
    I've been carrying around a GB Micro around for the past ~10 years and I FINALLY have decided I want to get a romcart going, so I'm looking for the illustrious -Temp community's advice on which to get and where is the best place to get it. I've specifically been looking at the EZ-Flash IV MicroSD version.

Usage Info: I mostly plan on playing the old Pokemon games. I don't mind if I have to deal with manually paging my ROMs.

Before you make the obvious suggestion, I refuse to use touchscreen controls and prefer original hardware, so no emulators.

Yes, surprisingly the battery still holds a really good charge, and I have schematics for a custom battery expansion using Nokia batteries

Last edited by Thelucario21, Jul 22, 2016
  2. Fabax01

Fabax01 Advanced Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Italy
    If you want the BEST card pick the EverDrive-GBA. Basically, it's perfect. 100% compatibility and other features.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    - It has only one downside: It costs 99$. WARNING: Before you buy it: wait for GBATemp's review.
    If you want a good card pick the EZ-Flash IV: It costs half. And you could find one discounted. On the net you should find a lot of good reviews about this card.
    EDIT:Added warning/source.

Last edited by Fabax01, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Only 1/3 the price if you get an EZ-Flash from China.

4. Fabax01

Fabax01 Advanced Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Italy
    Well, i saw 48$ / 35$ discounted on the list from the official ez website. Better for op, then.

5. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Here's what I found. Has good feedback as well.

6. Fabax01

Fabax01 Advanced Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Italy
    It's the black one (with microSDHC) so if you want to pay less money go for it.

7. N64

N64 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 16, 2014
    United States
    the other downside (its debatable whether its a downside) is that it sticks out a little bit.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

the downside to the EZFlash is that there is no real time clock. since OP wants pokemon, I'd suggest everdrive too.

8. Fabax01

Fabax01 Advanced Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Italy
    Didn't realized that.. You can patch them tho.
    Here's a guide for the EZ-FLASH https://gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-iv-mini-guide-for-myself.282877/
    Edit: added guide

Last edited by Fabax01, Jul 26, 2016