OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I decided I would like to buy a GBA flashcart for my Nintendo Phat DS. I currently have an R4DS and I would like a GBA flashcart that will work with a R4DS. I am currently looking at the EZFlash 3in1 and the Supercard MiniSD. Can anyone tell me what makes both of these cards different? And can people suggest cards that are better than these 2, if any?

Thanks,
LiangJai.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
The M3 Perfect (NOT the Professional version) is the best slot 2 card for GBA games, IMHO. Not only does it use fast ram and seem to work with everything, but it includes an in game text reader and save states for GBA games. It can also run some older DS homebrew that slot 1 carts can't as well as run DS games, though DS game support sucks compared to any halfway decent slot 1 cart. Note that when I say the M3 Perfect, I don't mean the expansion but the slot 2 adapter that uses SD/MicroSD.

leslieliang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
unknownworlder said:
Supercard has slow ram, and EZ flash 3-in-1 only loads one game at a time.

But it really depends on the game you're playing.
What do you mean when you say the 3in1 only loads one game at a time?

Also, can someone tell me which flashcarts have the following (the number in parentheses is the rank of how important, 1 being most important):
Rumble (4)?
GBA rom support (1)?
NDS rom support (5)?
RAM expansion (3)?
Mini/Micro/SD support (2)?
Card that I am not looking at are Supercard miniSD Rumble, 3in1 expansion pack for EZV and EZFlash IV.

Another thing, I saw on a site that the Supercard miniSD Rumble does NOT support GBA games.

unknownworlder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LiangJai said:
unknownworlder said:
Supercard has slow ram, and EZ flash 3-in-1 only loads one game at a time.

But it really depends on the game you're playing.
What do you mean when you say the 3in1 only loads one game at a time?

Also, can someone tell me which flashcarts have the following (the number in parentheses is the rank of how important, 1 being most important):
Rumble (4)?
GBA rom support (1)?
NDS rom support (5)?
RAM expansion (3)?
Mini/Micro/SD support (2)?
Card that I am not looking at are Supercard miniSD Rumble, 3in1 expansion pack for EZV and EZFlash IV.

Another thing, I saw on a site that the Supercard miniSD Rumble does NOT support GBA games.

When you use the 3in1, you have to flash a game to it, either in NOR, or PSRAM. NOR will keep it in there until you reflash, and PSRAM will stay till you turn it off.

You can only flash 1 game at a time.

Oh, and BTW, here is my priority:

Rumble (4)?
GBA rom support (1)?
RAM expansion (2)?
Mini/Micro/SD support (3)?

Good luck picking one.

NoCAshBob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EZ-Flash IV hands down. I have one permanently residing in my Gameboy Micro, and occasionally my DS Phat or Lite.
It's easy to find still, Doesn't cost $80USD+ and has better compatibility and speed than the M3 Lite Perfect.

It is meant for one thing: To play GBA as it was meant to be played (can play NDS near perfect now too BTW) and GBA homebrew.

Notes of interest:
- Cannot create it's own files, so some homebrew doesn't work.
- Loader needed to load files (so it can patch saves and crete them, see above)
- Perfect Compatibility for GBA, perfect speed on all titles for GBA
- Very active user base for updates (loader is pretty much as good as it'll get though)

IMHO M3 Lite Perfect is way overrated. If you need special features get the M3, if you want a solid GBA cart, get the EZIV

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree with NoCAshBob. The EZ-Flash IV works amazingly well for me. I have had no problems with any of the 80 ish games on it. Another plus is if you get a micro it will work well in it too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: