Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Picking up a GBA SP on the cheap tomorrow or the next day. Wondering what type of GBA only flash card I should pick up. I've been torn between a couple but I'd like to see what you guys have to say before I make my decision.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd say M3 Lite, it's really good. It's quite expensive though.
Another good choice might be the EZ-Flash III. Many people say it's the best flashcart.

If you also have a DS the EZ-Flash 3in1 Expansion Pack might be interesting: it's really cheap and you can flash a GBA rom to it using a Slot-1 cart.

JKR Firefox

Back.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another good choice might be the EZ-Flash III. Many people say it's the best flashcart.

If you also have a DS the EZ-Flash 3in1 Expansion Pack might be interesting: it's really cheap and you can flash a GBA rom to it using a Slot-1 cart.

Hmm...well I do have an M3 Real which I currently use on my DS Lite but I've always wanted to play GBA games on a real GBA. I'm not really for playing the games on my DS. It just doesn't feel right.

So, I could use the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 and flash 'one' GBA game to the cart and then play it in a GBA?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

TheTalentedMrRip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Hmm...well I do have an M3 Real which I currently use on my DS Lite but I've always wanted to play GBA games on a real GBA. I'm not really for playing the games on my DS. It just doesn't feel right.

So, I could use the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 and flash 'one' GBA game to the cart and then play it in a GBA?

M3 Perfect Lite MicroSD whipes the floor, walls AND ceiling with all other GBA comp cards.... hands down. And yes, you can put it in a real GBA SP (GBA and Micro too!)

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

M3 Perfect Lite MicroSD whipes the floor, walls AND ceiling with all other GBA comp cards.... hands down. And yes, you can put it in a real GBA SP (GBA and Micro too!)
Why does it only work on a DS Lite and not a regular DS? I am getting this one myself as I hear it is the best. IS the max size supported 2gb?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why does it only work on a DS Lite and not a regular DS? I am getting this one myself as I hear it is the best. IS the max size supported 2gb?

The Lite was made for the DS Lite/GBA Micro, thus, it isn't as long as a normal gba cartridge, meaning that it can't fit in a normal GBA slot.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I have the M3 Lite. Using it along side the M3 Simply is a nice combo as you can just switch out the micro sd card to play GBA. I have about %30 GBA and the rest NDS on a 1G card.
If you don't have a DS Lite the best card is probably an X-Rom or Flash2Advance if they still make them.

TheTalentedMrRip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

The Lite was made for the DS Lite/GBA Micro, thus, it isn't as long as a normal gba cartridge, meaning that it can't fit in a normal GBA slot.

LOL!! can't fit in a normal GBA Slot?!?.... uhmm..... a Micro has a normal GBA slot too....
The M3 Perfect Lite MicroSD comes with a few extra shells, plus a GBA cart-shell. You simply swap the pcb from the lite shell and put it in the GBA shell so it will fit in all GBA's & both DS's...... get your facts right

crazyshiza

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL!! can't fit in a normal GBA Slot?!?.... uhmm..... a Micro has a normal GBA slot too....
The M3 Perfect Lite MicroSD comes with a few extra shells, plus a GBA cart-shell. You simply swap the pcb from the lite shell and put it in the GBA shell so it will fit in all GBA's & both DS's...... get your facts right

The m3 Perfect lite I purchased from RHS did not come with a GBA cart sized shell, only 3 lite sized shells.

TheTalentedMrRip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

The m3 Perfect lite I purchased from RHS did not come with a GBA cart sized shell, only 3 lite sized shells.

Then you got ripped off i guess....

I made SURE i got 5 DSLite shells and 1 GBA shell included with the package by explicitly asking before ordering. It pays off to look around and to make sure you order the right thing. I've read alot of M3 Perfect lite reviews so i knew exactly what i was buying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1